Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Most are in Russian language, no sub titles

Teh movies are pretty easy to folow.

Re: Re: Road to Sofia/Patyat kam Sofia, Bulgarian forum

I put an open question out on an englesh/ Bulgarian forum.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/bulgaria

no userid or password needed .Back to the old waiting game(yet again) .

Re: To strelets More WWI sets

There are another film of that war ,,Geroite na Shipka ´´- ,, WHeroes of Shipka ´´ ERY GOOD Film. I have seen this film 15 times and still enyou when i see it again.

Героите на Шипка (Bulgaria: Bulgarian title)
Geroi Shipki (Soviet Union: Russian title)
Heroes of Shipka (USA)
Shipka Heroes

The film focuses on a key event in the history of Bulgaria - the Russo-Turkish War of Liberation 1877-1878, after which the Bulgarian nation won its Freedom. The film follows the crucial moments of the war. Thousands of extras were used to depict the crossing of the Danube and the battle of Stara Zagora. At Stara Zagora the leading elements of the Russian army the so called Forward squad and the Bulgarian volunteers met the army of generalissimo Suleiman pasha, fought bravely and, after all, were pushed back to the strategic Shipka pass. The defense of the pass in august 1877 proved to be one of the most famous battles, fought on Bulgarian soil. It also became a legendary victory for both the Bulgarians and the Russians. It is, of course, the climax of the film, with vivid battle sequences. The Russo-Bulgarian military comradeship is shown here at its best with a lot of memorable moments. The film then brings us to the siege of Pleven, where the army of marshal Osman pasha was surrounded, and, after several bloody assaults by the Russian forces, eventually was urged to surrender in November 1877. The film also shows the passing of the Balkan mountain range and the march to Constantinople, where, in a small suburb of the Turkish capital, called San Stefano, the cease-fire agreement took place 3.03.1878 and Bulgaria emerged after 500 years of oblivion

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047021/

BTW strelets still i am asking WWI early war german artillery and marines and colonial set( hät one is terrible)

Re: Re: To strelets More WWI sets

Dear Kert,

we are planning to make several WWI sets in the near future, so some patience please.
Regards,

Strelets

Re: Re: Re: To strelets More WWI sets

Good News Strelets :) You're such a great company :)

Re: Geroite na Shipka

this film is shown on russian channel freagunetly And every time i enjoy it more

Re: Re: Geroite na Shipka

I am wondering how many of us are interested in historical movies. I am collecting movies now since 20 years and in the meantime I have nearly 2000 historical/military movies and documentations from all over the world in different languages. But it is still amazing how many "new" things are popping up.

If anybody of you shares the same hobby as me (beside figure collecting) we should exchange our lists to increase our collections?

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: Geroite na Shipka

BTW, available as DVD:

http://video.balkanatolia.com/cgi-bin/catalogB.cgi/sl-e/mid-499/p-p/id-10026/geroite-na-shipka.html

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1977 and WW1 sets

First for 1977 don't forget romanian forces. They were very strongly present at Plevna among others with 4 infantry divisions and 1 cavalry. They had very colourful units as the Dorobanti and the Elite Rifle Battalions.

For WW1 some french cavalry late war would be great. After all they took Uskub alone. And the long overdue French cavalry for the Cri;eam War.

Mat

Happy new year