Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Strelets test crash dummies

Okay dudes, I look upon these here lost world arabic figures as being test crash dummies for producing the CW Turkish Infantry.

Re: Re: Crusades era Byzantines

Juba, Juba, Juba!

Right you are. Let's not forget Strelets's Russian warriors, which can also be used as Byzantine mercenaries.

Of course I also agree with Uwe, that we'd need early Byzantine troops as well, with a command set including Generals Belisarius, John and Narses, Emperor Justinian and his spouse Theodora. Prokopius, the historian. Cethegus and Boethius, the Roman traitors. A Byzantine imperial court with officials, scribes, Orthodox priests, body guards, dancers, musicians and slaves. Also, I'd like a civilian set to depict the cultural and ethnic diversity of Constantinople before it was sacked by the Seldjuks. Greek merchants, Armenian fishermen, a Jewish Rabbi, Venetian sailors, a Galatian family...

Also a set with Germanic, Persian and Hunnish leaders wouldn't hurt - for hopefully all those sets will follow. The Hunnish General Bessas would be nice, so would be King Geiserich for the Vandals, Totila/Baduila, Theoderich, Hildebrand etc. for the Goths.

But I can certainly wait, even a few years if needed. I'm already thrilled about Strelets' current output.