Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What's jezzails?

Those long, ornate muskets used by various Arabs, Afghans, Moslems etc.
donald

Re: What's jezzails?

Hi Strelets,

Need a Valium? (Well, AK 47s and laser guns were NOT asked for, at least. That's quite something!)

Cheers

The Brain comes up trumps again

The Brains come up with a fantastic idea. AK 47s & lasers!!!
I'd like some SPG launchers, too.
Great fantasy figures can be made from from historicals.
Thanks, loads, donald

Jezzails would not be bad

Dear Strelets,

I support Donalds idea. A jezzail as a seperate weapon if possible. As the Sarazens can be used up to the 19th century for Afghan, Sikh and sometimes Indian forces this would be very useful. The outfit of a Afghan heavy cavalryman changed not very much between 1100 and 1800 AD.

The jezzail was in use in Asia from the late 17th century onwards with great effect. Especially in British battlereports these were often mentioned as a kind of light artillery which inflicted heavy casualties.

cheers
Uwe

Saying of the day: The ignorants quack, the caravan moves on

"As the Sarazens can be used up to the 19th century for Afghan, Sikh and sometimes Indian forces this would be very useful. The outfit of a Afghan heavy cavalryman changed not very much between 1100 and 1800 AD."

Yeah, Medieval, Ottoman, 21st century - who cares. Those Muslim bogey men, they look all alike, then and now, don't they...

Re: Saying of the day: The ignorants quack, the caravan moves on

Yes, if you have two slices of ham in the olace of the glasses...

That saying best describes the Swiss Guard at the Vatican on annual border duty maneouvres ?

Better you stay with your favorite period Ancients before you make unqualified comments.

The Sikh Gorchurrah cavalry looked like Sarazens, try to search the web and give me a proof that I am wrong.

Re: Re: Saying of the day: The ignorants quack, the caravan moves on

Hi Guys,

just take a look at the paintings of these two links:

http://www.britishbattles.com/second-sikh-war/chillianwallah.htm

http://www.britishbattles.com/first-sikh-war/moodkee.htm

You can see the irregular Sikh cavalry here. The armour is a mixture of old Mogul style armour and older equipement. I have plates of armoured cavalry in my collection at home. Sarazzen figures can be converted to nearly every 18th/19th century central asiatic cavalry. When I have the new Strelets figures, I will make conversions and will send photos over.

cheers
Uwe

Ease up on The Brain!

Uwe, I think you're too hard on The Brain.
He may not know much, he may be guilty of gross generalisation & be lacking in civility and he may not possess any understanding of the mechanics of polite debate but....hmmm, I seem to have lost the thread of what I was saying.
regards, donald

ah

Donald, Let me remind you.... Its your turn to buy the next beer for us, chuckle.

Re: ah

With a Scotch chaser, Hank?
My pleasure.
donald

Re: Re: ah

Cheers Donald, This evening I just been sipping a 12 pack of the Miller CHILL beer ,Lemon and salt(Chelada Style). First few mouthfulls are good when out the fridge but it tastes crap when it warms a few degrees.
ont think it will stay on the market long.
Weak light beer.I go for import beers.

I tried and liked your Ossie Castlemain XXX. Fosters good when draft in keg. Helps teh paint dry quicker hah .
Have fun hank

PS Gues sits a repaint job tomorrow ...hic