Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "To Paint or Not to Paint?!" or "Why Not For Heaven's Sake?" Zat is Zee Question

I got into this hobby when I was 2 years old, watching my 10 year old brother play with his unpainted Airfix armored column. There were a lot of kids in the neighborhood playing with those toys at the time, perhaps one or two who didn't. Most of them were nonpainters.

By the time I was 18 I had painted some 50 figures and my parents threw them all away, along with my entire collection. That was the end of all figure painting for me.

It must have been in 2000, far away from my parents and in the secure arms of my wife, that I discovered TSHQ and later PSR. Soon I was fascinated enough by the pictures of unpainted figures that I decided to buy the first sets, WW2 at the time, just like my first collection had been WW2 for the most part.

Today, having 2 toddlers at hand, enjoying marriage (with IMHO the most wonderful wife on earth), being a professional, entertaining friends & family and enjoying life, I'm happy if I have time to desprue my figures and order more online. I regard them as sculptures and when I manage to set a few of them up in battle order, yet another piece of temporary art was created - a 3-dimensional battle sculpture. I do enjoy seeing the painters' contributions online (and yet would never consider doing that myself, recognizing it would take more patience, talent, experience and time than I have). So thanks for painting, painters!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "To Paint or Not to Paint?!" or "Why Not For Heaven's Sake?" Zat is Zee Ques

I'm in the same boat with Jan and Dave. I've painted here and there but I'm not very good. I could become a good painter, but I don't have the time. With work, school, family, kids and all the running around I'm please to open a box of figures, take them off the sprue and admire them. One day I will paint, but for now I will collect and enjoy.

Re: "To Paint or Not to Paint?!" or "Why Not For Heaven's Sake?" Zat is Zee Question ???

I agree with Sckott One day I will paint, but for now I will collect and enjoy( if i hve cash) . Simpley becase i am 27 year old and wihout wife or girlfrend (not like some others in this forum ) and i must work