Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
French Cuirassiers and Russian Dragoons etc.

Hello Dave and other U.S.A. resisidents.
Can't you order direct from Harfields or Hannants to get a quicker delivery?
I am sure you can have them delivered in less than a week.
Well you can from Hannants, it usually takes Harfields at least a week to send my orders and I live just 4hrs drive from them. However they are a small band and they are the cheapest at £15.95 for ST0084 and £4.95 for ST0089 even less for the 'Mini' range.
Happy shopping

Re: French Cuirassiers

Shouldn`t it be a "train from Kiew" though?

As for availability-differences on different continents, we had that topic already several times and I remember some quite harsh comments posted by some overseas-customers. It is the same for us here (well, Germany in my case) vice versa, for figures & model-kits from Pegasus, Caesar, Dragon, Trumpeter, Imex, ... I have to wait much longer until these appear at my local hobby-stores or (german) online-shops. Sometimes (when I NEED some products quite desperately ) I place an order at any of the many online-shops in Asia or North-America - and that`s pretty much it!
Allow me to make a wild guess, that this solution would work easy the other way round as well.
To be honest mostly I can wait the month or three that it takes for a Dragon Sherman or a Trumpeter Jagdpanther to reach the german/european market, only when it comes to Pegasus I get impatient & greedy somehow .

BTW, we "lucky + blessed" europeans will buy incredibly quantities of the Borodino set extremely fast, so there will be none left for our "discriminated" overseas hobby-comrades!
But hey brothers, I will sell you some at Ebay for an "reasonable" price!

Serious now: you guys use the WorldWideWeb to communicate with all the Hobby-enthusiasts ALL over the world! It can be used to order some "very much desired" items as well, if someone can`t wait for the "slow train" called "contribution"!

Greetings, this time especially to our friends in the USA who have the "new" Pegasus Mercedes truck-kit for already more than 6 months, while we poor & "ravenous" ones in good old Europe were blessed with that kit just as recently as 4 weeks ago!

Re: Re: French Cuirassiers

The train from Kiew is a rather slow one. But it always arrives at its destination and has never failed me. The long wait does not decrease my excitement to finally hold the sets in my hands, that's for sure.

Re: Re: Re: French Cuirassiers

Dear Everyone!

Yes, you guys are certainly right. A cross-continent train ride in spring/summer would be my dream come true. Especially to disembark and pick up a few boxes of the newest figurine sets, and see the famous sites in each country, and have a hot-plate of the local foods. When I retire, that will be my gift to myself, to cross Europe by train. Regarding boats, I actually get violently sea-sick.

When I lived in Japan for those years, I did use Harfields and Hannants both, as well as purchases on eBay from sellers in Germany, Italy, the U.K., France, and of course our friends in the Ukraine, Taiwan, and other places I have forgotten about, places with wonderful people willing to help out. And those in Spain sure have passion for the hobby. I didn't always win on eBay!

My hobby, and my life, are much richer because of these overseas contacts. At home, I find enthusiasm, but overseas I see passion.

It's a real challenge to see if I can survive the wait for the new stuff. It's the Scottish my Mum instilled in me that echos, "Learn to be patient."

Cheers Friends