Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To Jan.

Dear Jan,

I was surprised with your response to my earlier posting. As I mentioned there the conversion to produce a troop type whose existence is questionable would not be too difficult.

On another note please consider if you want to question my "cultural environment" ask me directly without the backing of a whole country. If youre not standing for President I think you can just talk to me on a 1 to 1 basis.

Back to your first point, the Roman Life Theme as portrayed by Atlantic for example with their Egyptians/Greeks/Romans could have some following where a company like Stretlets with their policy of all different figures could be done well. A little like their Medieval Britain. However, maybe overall sales would be expected to be low and they would box it in the same manner: with 3 or 4 boxes for the same era.

Best regards to all those that live in the land of the free and home of the brave, from a damp Madrid.

Malcolm

Re: Re: To Malcolm

May the sun shine upon you and brighten your day.

I'm starting to believe that the 'Renaissance' of our hobby will last for a very long time and that we'll eventually get all the sets we can dream of - we just need to tell the manufacturers what we'd like to see. That's why I'm making an effort to verbalize my most secret wishes as a toy soldier collector - and I was admittedly a little hurt for a very short while when I read some of your comment. But today is a new day.

Greetings to Spain y muchas gracias amigo!
Jan

Herculaneum...

Jan, I've been living in Herculaneum for about 20 years (a small world, isn't it!?) and, alas, I have to tell the is mostly uneven to find barraks there... They would have been in the outmost part of town, if any, but all that part now is under the new town (Ercolano nowadays) and it would be really impossible to discover them
And, for the civilian drums in the frescos (wall paintings)... I'm only aware of what is called "tamburello" or "tammorra"! A very small instrument used to play "tarantella": would you like to have all those enemies laughing at your legions?

Re: Herculaneum...

Hi Enrico i visited Napoli during a cruise. missed seeing Pompei and Herculaneum(tour operator did not go there) but saw Sulphatario instead(would rather have seen Herculaneum, but it was mayday and traffic around Napoli was jammed. Lovely country side.

Made up for it on next port in Livorno/Leghorn and saw Fireza/Florence and its Renaissance finese also managed to climb the Pisa Tower before it closed.