Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: First series of mini-sets - which set is your favorite?

I haven't got them either here in Holland.
I think the Normans look the best, but I fancy the Viking shield wall most.
By the way: to what date/period do you guys think I can use the bowmen?
Regards
marc

Re: Re: Re: First series of mini-sets - which set is your favorite?

I'm not an expert by any menas and could be totally wrong, but I guess for the most part you could use them for battles between 880 and around 1200. The most famous battle being Hastings, but there were Normans fighting against the Arabs in Southern Italy, against and also for the Byzantine empire in the middle East. They participated in the crusades and also fought at the side of their Armenian allies against Turks and Persians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normans

Re: Re: Re: Re: First series of mini-sets - which set is your favorite?

I own both the Saxons and the Norman archers, and they are both great. But I fancy the Norman archers the most, beautiful figures, a joy to paint. I Will post some pics of them soon.

Cheers,

Christiaan

Andrew: It's the very same metallic black - no difference.

Thanks

Re: Thanks

Good question Jan,

I've given this considerable thought and really, I can't pick one Mini theme as being better than the others, so ... I like them all equally.

I hope the S*R Team continues Minis with many other new eras as well. I think these sets will do much for the growth of the hobby as hobbiests and Roman enthusiasts discover these excellently designed and quality figurines on the shop shelves.

Happy Collecting!