Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

still limping along with my Leipzig project. finished my wurtembergers, now painting french voltiguers. and i started back on GNW figures, which a work at every now and then. i hope to have pictures of the leipzig project this year. dave, we've all made a few rash statements every now and then. this forum is a place where people who are passionate about history gather. we often disagree, but i think we all respect each others opinions nonetheless. a forum should be a place where all points are given and considered, within reason, and hopefully with some diplomacy observed. and your projects sound most interesting!

Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

Dear madpenman,

Can't wait to see some of your pictures. Everyone should have a project to share. Enjoying this forum is a priveledge, and I enjoy both the art and the history of our hobby. I know I would box up all of my stuff and never look at it again if I didn't have the "sharing" thing with friends to look forward to. And thank you.

Cheers to ya Mate !!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

Hi Dave; sorry about the misunderstanding the other day - I was just citing an incident which was quite possibly regarded as a legitimate 'ruse de guerre' at the time, or may even have been simply a propaganda story. Anyway, hope your Mom's OK.
As for current project, I'm still trying to cope with the Caesar Biblical 'troop-surge'! Would just like to know when/if the Egyptian and Mycenean chariots will arrive...
Best wishes, Mike.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

I'm in a bit of a funk. About a month ago I finished converting a regiment each of reiters and mounted arquebusiers for my renaissance armies and now I'm stuck for inspiration. Maybe its a sign that I should take a break for the summer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

To the truly toughest of the tough in their hearts, mon Legionairres, to: Loius, Madpenman, Mike B (! :-)), and Bill, and all the silent forum members, please post your hard earned works here on this forum and share with us your most passionate dreams in the 1/72 scale, whether painted or not.

No excuses mon Leginonarries !!!

This is a mature and leading-edge forum which you can always be proud of. Thank you to the Strelets*R Team for your support. And thank you for such a wonderful "Contributions" page. Awesone !!!

Next week, many a contributions will be a comming !!! :-)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

Trimming the hoards of 1/72 plastic I've got, now reduced to just one big box after months of hard work in front of the TV.....target 6 weeks

Undercoating my Caesar figures and getting them seperated into consitutent armies.....target today!

Choosing a few of the above and painting them.....ongoing.

Finish gluing and painting Tamiya 1/700 Prince of Wales battleship.....ongoing

Finish gluing and painting Academy 1/72 Hurricane......ongoing

I love it!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

1) finishing paint a 24 man battallion of highlanders (mix of airfix/exci and Odemars)

2) then doing a 24 man battalion of cacadores. (Odemars)

3) then some french horse artillery (full-dress) Italeri guard horse artillery, with zvezda guns, and head swops with zvezda shakos.

4) Some Odemars Olg Guard grenadiers

Target for all this- 6 weeks (we'll see!)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

Complete my re-paint of French Guard foot artillery and French line foot artillery (Airfix and Esci); working also on an advancing line of Russian heavy grenadiers (Zvezda). Then there's the nightly trimming in front of the tv (Strelets has got me going after medievals and Romans!)

I should be ready for the next project by the time I'm 432.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

making a diorama 4x8 ft of 18th or 19th cent's, a sort of multipurpose thing that I can use for awi, war of 1812, or nappy. I'm using hirst arts blocks for buildings.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your next Project ???

Also going to make a new diorama 16ft by 6ft for a Napoleonic campaign in 2008. I generally game in the summer months and paint through the winter. My curent layout is in its 4th season and has been used for WW11 in Northern Europe.