Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Strelets - what about dismounted WWI cavalry?

Give me a break! My point was never intended to be only for WWI. But, I'm sure there were plenty of WWI casualty horses and troopers, especially while under a hail of machine gun bullets. I would love to have S*R save me the trouble of making conversions for my suggestions and just give me lots of cavalrymen as dead or wounded just like the horse! The whole box would make me happiest.

Better yet, I'd love to have some action sets with lots of casualties for The Charge of the Light Brigade. I'm sure some of those men who survived the fall off a hit horse crawled back under it's body to avoid being trampled-on by those following him. Or some Custer troopers hiding from behind their dead horses. Awe heck, if your horse is dead you may as well go ahead and take cover behind it. Noth'in is go'in to bring ole Flicka back.

Even WWI troopers probably hid behind their dead horses to avoid the hail of bullets coming their way, cowards or fools they were.

Did the French who charged the British squares at Waterloo just run away when their horses were shot from under them? Did they jump in front of the horse to avoid cover and say, "Ha, ya missed me?"

Give me a break. All soldiers risk dying. That's the romance and risk of being one. And tasteful casualties are very much an approprite part of this hobby. Airfix knew it in the beginning, or they wouldn't have been re-issuing the U.S. Cavalry set for 5 decades (50 years) in 3 colors yet, dark, mid and light blue (never in cream thank you very much). Must be some market for'em, eh?

Give me a casualty figure, especially horse and rider, or infantryman, and I'll buy lots of boxes just to get that one or pose.

This is what I want to see from S*R.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Strelets - what about dismounted WWI cavalry?

I agree totally with Dave. Airfix made good casualties, but when ESCI took over there where almost no casualties (only the much used helping-a-wounded-pal-pose). And Italeri have only let one highlander be wounded. This could be helped by Strelets' mini-sets or just a part of a mini-set.