Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Big Sets

Hi Hank,

I agree, there are many options for "Big Sets" yet unexplored!

Keep putting forward your requests!

Happy Collecting!

Re: Hannants , A ROUT , and big box cohesion

Hi Strelets,

1.Hannants shipping. Its not possible to order 1 Russian Generals and Hospital Set as they wont export anything less than 30 UK Pounds..that i find a bit snotty.

Still went ahead and I ordered two Russian Command and Hospital sets.That still wasnt enough(14.50 uk Pounds EACH) to export. So i then spent another 5.75Pounds on a box of figures.

Its a shot in the dark what the mailing will be.(Calculated later etc) But I reckon add up to total around 50 UKPounds (US $100) just to get this set.

Not exactly fair on kids. Much as i Like a multi set.

2.A ROUT
Okay this Russian Command and Hospital set has Cossack Cavalry (Irregular and impetuous) paired with Grenadiers(veterans and well drilled) and perhaps pressganged
Naval Artillery and Sailors mmhh all thrown together with General Staff Officers
and casualties, forgive me but it sounds like a rout has just happened.

3. Sorry, try this cohesion.

---------
Ponder..a Divisional Army Concept
for Big Boxes using these modules

"Infantry Brigade Box" comprising
1 Command(mini foot),1 Light Infantry, 1 Line Inf, 1 Line Artillery.

"Cavalry Brigade Box" comprising
1 Command(Mounted mini) 1 Light Horse, 1 Heavy Horse, 1 proper *HORSE* Artillery.

Army Supplements Boxes
Casualties-medics- 1 Ammo Wagon drivers

Musicians- commissariat- 1 Caisson drivers

Pioneers pack mules and 1 defense work

Artillery command/signal tower semaphore tent etc

First Aid Post/Station
----
This structured system could be good for Crimean War American Civil War and WW1 sets.

Advise Division equals
1 Cavalry Brigade
3 Infantry Brigades

Advise 1 Army equals 3 Divisions

Re: Re: Hannants , A ROUT , and big box cohesion

Isn't this big box sale a good chance to get rid of older boxes, which were not sold in big numbers?
I can understand that Strelets wants to sell the older sets too.

I like the Russian Grenadiers without greatcoat, they are very useful for the Danube campaign of 1853 and the war in Hungary 1849. Beside this they have great poses and with a headconversion can be painted as Napoleonics. But this Sailor-set...

cheers
uwe

Total agreement on Big Boxes !

Knowing the cost of packeting, Big Boxes in the future would be great for us and less expensive for you!

Re: Re: Hannants , A ROUT , and big box cohesion

I can't guarantee they will be any better but I've always dealt with Andy Harfield (see PSR for harfields site). Hannants are a bit big shoppish and impersonal and, from the contents of your post, imposing some pretty harsh purchasing policies. By contrast, Andy is a one man band who has always been very helpful to me and the other miscreants in the little band of over grown children I associate with!