Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ACW on xbox 360

I've been waiting to hear about this one. Please post an update when you are finished! I would love to have this game....

Some things I'd like to know, if you would be so kind:
Is it realistic and accurate?
Is it hard, or too easy?
Does it have language, spiritual themes, or sex?
Overall playing experience

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: ACW on xbox 360 ("follow me for glory")

Hello CWD,Its all good news.
First off, the Xbox 360 can work stand alone or networked just like the original. You can link it to your pc and broadband/xbox live if you wish. Wireless controller is a novelty for me and its good & easy.

THe History Channel is a USA cable tv channel(to explain to non USA readers) and pretty much i watch all the time. often have 7 hours in a row programs when they air certain aniversary battles and military events WEAPONS AIRCRAFT and war technology. Its top dog.Go to the HIStorychannel.com website.

To get back to the Game, It features 12 major batles in the war 6 you play as a yank 6 you play as a reb and there are 3 levels.I'm on easy(easy/difficult/hard) at the moment .Only got the box today.

North Battles(Yankie)
Fredricksburg,gettysberg,,Chattanooga,Fort Fisher, Petersberg(Remember Glory ?sand dunes etc )

South Battles, Bull Run (reached so far awesome)Shiloh,Antietam,Chancellorsville,Chickamauga ,Cold Harbor

Its only caution rated as being TEEN /Violence and Blood.

Realistic ? yes awesome graphics, accurate ? yes (well it would have to be as its the history channels production)
Early on, one gets to use the array of weapons which is nice.A bit more bayonette and sabre encounters than Rising Sun/Medal of Honor (made mem jump out my chair and over).That swhen you notice th elength of time to load a weapon,but with a sword or knife and rifle butt one can keep in the game.very colorful , wind blowing grass sound of water trickling etc.Alot of cannon fire and more smoke (from experience that is very realistic)thann other games i've played so far (Call of Duty 3 ,Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood etc).

Its not a waste of money like "Spartan" was(so disappointing). Well that pretty much sums it up,I hope you get the opportunity to play it .Its everything you'd expect.
best wishes Hank

Re: Re: Re: ACW on xbox 360 ("follow me for glory")

I'm from the UK and I think we get games a few months after the US. Are there any games for Playstation or PC that are Napoleonic and recommended by anyone? The ACW game sounds excellent

Re: Re: Re: Re: ACW on xbox 360 ("follow me for glory")

Thank you, Hank. That was very detailed and informative, and very kind of you. I've wanted a game like this, with accurate reloading, and all that stuff, for years now, and I've drooled and dreamed, so when I heard about this one I went giddy. Seeing your recommendation, I am sure that I want it now.

I just have one more question...I don't have Xbox. I have a computer though--can I use that, or do you think it might devalue the playing experience a bit?

Again, thank you so much for all the help!

CivilWarDinosaur

Blockbuster and Hollywood Video

Hello CWD, I doubt you will get this game on computer.

However, see what is available on xbox's microsoft website or on the USA SITE

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/

OR

historychannel.com site

there may be a sample edition for you to download if you have an Xbox OR PC(SOMETIMES) .

Depends how good your computer is.(Mine is only an old windows 98 with my er modifications by wear, tear and swear ...chuckle ). Surfing takes me a while, i really only use this for email and ebay. My xp laptop i keep purely for business.

There are some video stores even in UK where you can rent xboxs(Blockbuster and Hollywood Video) be worth thE experience for that .Good excuse for a pizza party.

I played all 12 games in about 7 hours on "easy". (major tip -When you are reloading ((alot)) take cover or keep moving behind cover.When in close combat swing your sword or knife or thrust bayonet frenetically). The reloading mechanisms are quite intricate looking.

I do play alot of games but expect to get hammered in the next levels.

Re: ACW on xbox 360 ("follow me for glory")

Hi Hamish,,I dont know of any or i would have themm. Its the first war game to break away from the very popular sci-fi and ww2 war/vietnam themes on xbox and Playstation for that matter.

Be aware that this game may only be for the American market.I stayed up until 5am until i played all 12 games. There was a cavalry charge that looked good,clouds of dust but that was an intermediate non playing video sequence used on completing a game.(a technique for the furture perhaps)

I hate the different video and games formats eg VHS Pal, NTSC ETC as i like seeing movies from all countries.Its the same in Gaming unfortunately.

But....there always is a way if you look and spend alot of time on the internet. Cost of this game was $50, worth every cent.

Hope you get the opportunity of the game experience SOON.

Re: Re: ACW on xbox 360 ("follow me for glory")

Thanks Hank, I hope it comes to the UK, sounds great

Re: Re: Re: ACW on xbox 360 ("follow me for glory")

Thanks, we really appreciate it! I'd probably have to buy an Xbox then...likely not gonna happen. What Xbox version do you have?

Re: Re: Re: Re: ACW on xbox 360 ("follow me for glory")

Oh wait, it's 360, isn't it? Sorry about that! My mistake!

CWD

weapons depicted in the game

Musket with bayonette
1861 Springfield musket
Sharp 1855 musket

Multiple shooter
henry .44
Spencer Carbine
colt m1855

Traget rifle/sniper

Revolver
Colt Army model 1860
Remington

Hand grenades
M1860 Cavalry sabre
Sheffield Bowie Knife
Cannon
Gatling Gun

"follow me for glory" also on PS2 and PC

as hinted earlier

http://www.history.com/games.do

seek and ye shall find...
downloadable demo as mentioned

the game available on PS2 and PC
careful outside USA most likely NTSC format

Re: "follow me for glory" also on PS2 and PC

Thanks for the link. I have watched the trailer and it does look good. I have a PS2 so I shall look out for it

Re: Re: "follow me for glory" also on PS2 and PC

So it is avaiable for PC?

Thanks, I really appreciate this. The weapons sound great. Can't wait!

CWD

PC Version

PC version Hah thats misleading perhaps, i doubt it would work on this old win 98(almost 10 years wear tear and swear at) machine due to graphic card and memory etC.Take that up with HC.

Re: PC Version

Tell me about it...troublesome computers. But mine's brand new, only a few months old. Should work, I think.

Thanks again for all the help. It is very kind of you!

CivilWarDinosaur

Game was made in Europe

Still no deference to it , done a great job .Its getting harder, Bull Run and Antietam are tricky (pogressed to normal/level 2 from easy level)).

Music scores from "Glory" btw. Game Is very enjoyable. Appreciating the fortifications and eartworks.