Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

Hi all,

I don't think these are 100 years war longbowmen, for the bows are to short. I hope pat is right

Cheers,

Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

hadn't thought about Norman bowmen, good call Pat. Few crossbows would make them usable over a longer period.

Re: Re: Re: Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

They're obviously William the *******'s bowmen. Or Orcs. They're certainly an out-of-focus fire-team.
Ian Bruce

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

It seems we have to display Hastings for a second time in two or three years with a lot of new figures

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

I had the same feeling about your huge diorama just after looking the new masters!!! Hastings II: the Revenge of the Houscarls

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

Hello Uwe,

what's about making it in Battle on the day of the battle? People come there from all over the UK.

Regards,

Strelets

Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

you complain about the quality of the sets, i complain because realising somany new sets strelets wants to bankropt me

Re: Re: New MINI set # 2 pictures: Who are they Cruel STRELETS?

Now with so many strelets sets I have to quit army and find better paid job.

Plastic/Numbers/Price

This brings me to the question if these figures are e made in the same style as the usual Strelets figures (plastic/price) or if they will be different?

When I understood it right, the usually moulds of Strelets are good for around 5-6000 sprues. With
four sprues in the box, are there than just 1500
boxes available?

cheers
Uwe

Re: Plastic/Numbers/Price

Dear Uwe,

the Mini sets will be bit cheaper.
Regards,

Strelets

Re: Re: Plastic/Numbers/Price

Dear Strelets,

good to hear that. My main problem is, if I have to hurry to buy several sets of them before they are sold out?

cheers
uwe

Re: Re: Re: Plastic/Numbers/Price

Assuming a mold costs x then to produce a normal set 4 different molds are required. If each mold lasts 5,000 uses then 5,000 boxes of product needs 4 molds = 1 mold / 1,250 boxes.
Now the mini series require 1 mold and this mold lasts for 5,000 uses too. However, at 4 uses per box, only 1,250 boxes can be produced before another mold is needed.
So whichever wat you look at it, the costs of 1 mold need to be amortised over 1,250 boxes regardless of whether the box is standard or mini.
Les