Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FANTASTIC WORK

Hi Strelets,

especially the Sikh-wars

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: FANTASTIC WORK

Good to see new forum names requesting American Civil War sets. A very popular theme with almost no good sets available. Other companies existing sets are not up to the excellent standards of the S*R Teams fine craftsmenship and style of artwork.

Hope 2007 brings out some new companion sets as we have mentioned herein many times! :-)

Re: Re: Re: FANTASTIC WORK

Dave,

I agree that good ACW sets are lacking severely. The only sets I like are the ESCI and Italeri Confederates, Italeri cavalry and Italeri Union infantry. However, the Union infantry doesn't have enough good poses because of the split between regulars and zouaves. I haven't purchased the Strelets command sets because what good are they if there aren't enough decent grunt sets?

Another area that lacks is AWI. I am very dissapointed with Imex's artillery sets in particular. Hopefully one day Strelets will take off with ACW, AWI and SYW.

Cheers.

Scott

Re: Re: Re: Re: FANTASTIC WORK

Indeed fantanstic work Strelets!
Along with HaT it's my favourite company. I'm realy looking forward to the new medieval sets (Russian and the Bruce army), and the still unknown medieval future releases. But, to say it once again, what about sets for the 45 rebellion in Scotland? No figures that exist for this wonderful period. Please make them Strelets...

Cheers,
Christiaan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FANTASTIC WORK

Dear Christian,

Jacobite rebellion would indeed have been our sort of format, that may be an opportunity for the future. It's more difficult with the opponents though.
Best regards,

Strelets-R

Dear Dave,

we are glad to see you back in our forum.
Are you in the US now?
Regards,

Strelets-R

Re: Re: Re: Re: FANTASTIC WORK (to S*R)

Thank you for your kind comments. Actually made a recon trip to get set-up with apartment cause got wife, pets and furniture to relocate. Back here for the month. But Nov. 29th it's "Texas or Bust!"

Cheers

Dear Joe,

thank you very much for your message.
Wouldn't it be more appropriate for a company like, say, HaT or IMEX to make ACW sets?
Quite honestly, this theme is way out of our personal preferences.
Best regards,

Strelets-R

Strelets,

You offer so much character in your figures that I'd hate to see more boring wargame poses. Please make ACW and AWI. Your sculpting and design make the figures come alive.

Scott

The super S*R Team started it, now they have to finish it!

Scott is absolutely correct in his positive comments. The S*R Team offers:

* Lively poses
* Complete sets of different poses (+/-45 per box)
* Casualty and banner poses
* Complete famous Staffs companion sets
* Soft yet posable plastic
* Realistic and appropriate colors
* Full-bodies figures (no starving toothpick figures)
* Some of the best ever head, face, and hat/helmet details (Crimean sets set the standard for me)

The Conte Co. has successfully provided 54mm collectors with the above. Strelets*R is doing the same for 1/72. This is the new Golden Age and S*R's time to shine in the spot-light with it's unique format for success. Customers have contributed so many excellent suggestions for ACW on this forum and are asking for them. With 16 new sets each year, I am going to keep encouraging the S*R Team to produce some companion sets, starting with Infantry first. My dream are for some beautiful Confederates with big blanket rolls, stetson hats, as in the famous pictures.

You started it S*R Team, and got us hooked on your ACW Staff sets, now please give us some companion sets ... No excuses! :-)

Please, give the customer what he wants. Which is more ACW figure sets. And French and Indian war also.

No, don't do AWI/ACW keep on with the less common stuff where no one else will go, I especially like the idea of Jacobites as individuality is important as they are irregular. I can make their British opponents from other figures that are already available.

BTW I did appreciate the ACW generals because this was a real gap in the market.

Just got my hands on the Strelets medieval life set (the big one). I have to say it is outstanding and I would recommend anyone to get it if you've been holding off - superb set, full of character.

Dear Matt,

we are glad that you liked our medieval set. We also hope that you will like our set of the army of Robert the Bruce. We intend to complete this Border Wars line in 2007 by another set.

Best regards,

Strelets-R

The Robert the Bruce set is on order as we speak, along with Alex Nevsky! Can't wait to add them to my Strelet's collection and I'm delighted to hear of another set too

Thanks again, Matt