Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Flags and Pikes

Thanks for the advice.
Great idea with the tin foil, Mike.

My flags are drawn with both sides on the same sheet, with a "spine" area down the middle. You simply fold the flag over and glue the halfs together. I believe this is the usual method with commercial products, so there's really no reason why figure sets can't do this. They can always provide extra weapons for the flag bearer figure for those who don't want to bother with the flags.

Re: Flags and Pikes

The Rofur site is well worth a visit. Some great features on converting figures to flagbearers. Mainly in German, but well illustrated with photos.

No Wars of the Roses flags, but some of the sets seem to be inspired by new figure releases, so I live in hope. The banners for use with Zvezda Samurai look particularly nice.

Another problem with plastic flags I didn't mention, they have a weakpoint where the bottom of the flag joins the pole, and are prone to breaking off here.

In regard to rippling, medieval flags had a baton running along the top to prevent them from folding up.