Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please improve the quality of your WWI cavalry!

I am very happy and excited that Strelets has addressed the complete lack of good WWI cavalry. I applaud Strelets for this.

I do however, also wish that Strelets would substantially improve the quality of the WWI cavalry that it presently makes.

Good quality WWI and improving the poses of the cavalry would, in my opinion, give Strelets a decided advantage over other WWI set producers.

Re: Please improve the quality of your WWI cavalry!

In your opinion, what's wrong with Strelets' WW1 Cavalry sets?
donald

2-dimensional poses

Hi Don,I do agree with the statement the poses are akin to 1960's Hinton Hunt first edition cavalry (1st ed was separate rider separate horse,2nd edition one piece ) nearly straight up an down.

A little bit of butts up,or standing in the stirrups and elbows out,head proper riding poses are required instead of give em "Horseguards Parade" ceremonial doo-dah, will do old chap.Casualty being slumped in the saddle or dragged along by the stirrup and trace etc would be pretty much a standard figure for use in any cavalry set.

I'm sure your glorious Aussie Light Horse didn't sit tall in the saddle and wait to catch a flying bullet or piece of shrapnel etc.

Strelets have definitely the infantry figures spot on, but there is not the same pose finese in observations when it comes to cavalry troopers etc.