Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: AWI American infantry are amazin!!!!

After the intial disappointment, I thought some of the poses in the Italeri AWI would be useful to mix in with the Revell/Accurate figures for a more varied, more realistic look for the American forces, but they're just too big IMHO.

I do wish HAT would get into the 7YW. Many nations involved, colorful uniforms, famous battles, large formations of men in uniform poses that can best be represented in 1/72 plastic...I think they'd sell, but they certainly know their business better than I. Maybe they figure people into the "horse & musket" period will gravitate toward Napoleonics as so much more is available. Maybe Revell's 7YW sets didn't sell well. I hope they won't gauge the market by sales of Italeri's AWI. Had they been compatible with other AWI figures, I would've bought several boxes (despite some of the odd poses).

Re: revell 7yrs. war

i think revell did an outstanding job on the austrian succession figures. if a company put it's best sculptors on a few new sets, they'd sell. what would be nice is a new set of prussian grenadiers sculpted by the artist who did zvezda's french and russian grenadiers. i can only hope.

Re: Re: revell 7yrs. war

I already have 4 boxes of the Revel Prussians that are very good historically but anatomically tall tin and pin headed. However, I would prefer a company to produce some Prussian style fusiliers in their uniqu helmet which would be good for the AWI as well.

Best regards,

Malcolm