Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I'd be very surprised if....

The Ottoman cavalry sets did not sell... The Ottoman army was after all one of the major participants in WW1 and thanks to HaT we have at least a brilliant start with the infantry and the artillery.

At any rate, it's good to see that I am not alone on that one!

Sorry for the spelling, but teschekü-edirim.

Re: I'd be very surprised if....

thanks Philippe. its"teşekkür ederim".

More Ottomans are neeeded.

At least strelets can say why they dont do any ottoman-turkish sets.

Turkish "4th July"

Hi Firat,

wasn't on the 30th August your national holiday?

I watched TRT this evening and there was a documentation with scenes from a military movie. I guess, you have a lot of good movies about Turkish history in your country?

cheers
uwe

Re: Re: I'd be very surprised if....

Dear Firat,

we WILL make Ottoman sets, you can be sure of that.
Regards,

Strelets-R

Re: I just can't hold back any longer....

Ottoman cavalry was poor in quality and rarely used. Good cavalry is expensive and labor intensive to maintain in a good condition and the Ottomans at that time did not have the discipline for a good cavalry force.

Ottoman Cavalry

I think we have to be very careful about what has been written and what is more and more coming out. Thanks to great translation works, recent books have discovered that the Turkish army was far from being as disorganised as people were generally saying. I read part of the "4 years in Turkey" by Liman van Sanders, which for a long time was the only true reference to the Ottoman army. Liman was at odds with most officers for the simple reason that they would not comply to all his orders... that gave a distorded image to the world about the state of the Ottoman army. The Ottoman cavalry in particular had much better horses than their European enemies for the simple reason that they used shorter, sturdier animals, which could resist the harsh desert and mountain environments. As far as quality is concerned, this cavalry cannot be compared to any of the Western powers, but it certainly was the best in the region, in which I include Greece, Bulgaria etc.