Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
080 - Union General Staff (2) (Truly Soft Plastic S*R Best Ever - not Metals or Resin!)

To the S*R Team and Everyone,

Finding the first scans of the ACW Union Mounted Staff Set (in plastic) was a real pleasant surprise. I think both the Union and Confederate Officer Staff sets are the best ACW sets ever. Every personal play figure collection or more serious dioramists and their dioramas out there in the world will benefit by having the S*R ACW Staff sets in thier collections. These sets in plastic are far superior to any existing sets ever produced by other companies. And, I love the feel of soft plastic - so life-like!

So please remember, as the forum states above:

" ... Welcome to the Strelets*R Forum. Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets*R. ... "

The main focus of this forum is "plastic." Metals, or for that matter, resin, are entirely different kinds of collecting all together, and should not be intended to replace or discourage the production of future soft plastic sets.

I can not wait to see Roland Kupski's future "Union Mounted Officers Contribution", which should be just as awesome as his plastic "CSA Mounted Officers" Contribution. I would vote for his figures over other's resin or metals figures any day - S*R Team's sets are the best!

Bravo S*R Team - Keep at it - 24 sets a year is awesome and you will always get my investment!

Happy Collecting!

Re: 080 - Union General Staff (2) (Truly Soft Plastic S*R Best Ever - not Metals or Resin!)

Got to second that. The new Union command looks every bit as good as the Confederate one. I also liked the dismounted Union set - even though Lincoln was much much taller than depicted in the set.

If Strelets can do such good sets as these then some ACW sets are an absolute must because the ones out now are nowhere near as interesting and authentic.

Go for it Strelets. You know you really want to!