Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boer artillery?

I am very much in favour of your idea of Artillery, but would have to include plenty of pom poms, long tom and machine guns, And the Police troop is also a good idea.

Boer artillery and RN too

Dear all

Boer artillery was important for the set piece battles like Spion Kop when it proved so devastating.
The quick firers added a 20th century dimension to the Boer war which is one of its attractions from a wargaming point of view as it is like a mix of two periods.
There is a Boer war pom pom gun in a park in Plymouth. A local historian told me about it as I assumed it had come off a destroyer or some other warship. It was stuck in the middle of a small park like a kids roundabout and as I said at the time there can't be many of those left.
See web site below

http://www.plymouthdata.info/Memorial-HMS%20Doris.htm

I suppose after reading this I must add Royal Navy types are also a must as they were a big contingent.

Re: Boer artillery and RN too

Hi David,

Royal navy would be not only important for the Boer-war. I am dreaming about seing a navy team with a gatling or a gardener gun, fighting the Derwishes..

cheers
Uwe

Re: Boer artillery?

Check out my Scratch build pom-pom gun. Last battle my boers captured it from a British convoy (article only in German and Hungarian, pictures on the right side): Wars in South Africa on wargame.hu

Have a nice day!
Zsolt