Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: set 071 Medieval Britain

Hi Andrew,

sadly it is more than the price for four sets.
And I have enough boxes of the older ones.

But ok, I am a freak so I will buy this too...

cheers
Uwe

Not so expensive

at harfields they are selling it for only a bit more than the cost of 3 sets. still not great value in my view though.

071 Medieval Britain - cost in Britain

Dear Andrew

In the UK, Hannants do it for 16.99 pounds, this is about the cost of 3 sets, but charge postage. The rough guide would be about 4 for the price of 3.

The problem is if you want to buy more than one set for a fuller scene or conversions once you have seen their potential and quality.

Re: 071 Medieval Britain - cost in Britain

Hi David,

that is strange. Price in Germany around 30 Euros for it...

cheers
Uwe

Re: Re: 071 Medieval Britain - cost in Britain

on Kamrat site you can get them for 25 euro.

071 Medieval Britain -price from hannants

Dear Uwe

Hannants, where I got the price from, are usually very good on Strelets prices. I got my 071 set from F&S which had a 10% discount and free postage which made it about the same as the Hannants' price. 30-35 Euros (20-22pounds) is probably what you would pay in the UK with most other stores/suppliers.
The standard Strelets sets sell for 5.60 pounds at Hannants but their post free limit is high (non UK -250 pounds). Several non UK people ordering together could easily reach that figure.

Heres hoping your group build a diorama of Tannenberg !!

Excellent Lesson in Conversions - Please See...

Please check out the link below for an excellent lesson in simple accessory conversions. I have always used a pin-vise twist drill for exchanging hand accessories, but here is a hot-pen technique. The advantage of the hot-pin is that there is no loss of bulk plastic. It should expand outward and maintain total quantity.

The S*R figures are all full-bodied, so lend well to the hand-drill technique, but especially for other makers with tiny little fingers, the hot-pin should be better. Please see some neat conversions for this very fine and popular set:

http://www.rofur-flags.de/tips/strelets-0071-mittelalter-bannertaeger.htm

Conversions

Dear Dave

I make the point about conversions in the "cost" reply to Andrew above.
If you look at the standing figures minus banners they make great horse handlers or handing a lance to a rider together with the standing figure who looks as if he is about to mount the horse or another handler. The figures can be used to represent several periods. The wenching ones could be "vikingised" for instance. Don't forget the heralds could also have the plastic pennants removed.
For the really mad, a troupe of jesters could be made from multiple sets with a bit of judicious bending.

Re: Conversions

Me too, David,

I'm looking forward to putting some swords, axes, spears and even knives in both the horse figurine's and foot figurine's hands just to build up some numbers. The horse guys would make an impressive looking column leaving or entering a castle with a wagon.

You also make a very good point. This nice soft plastic still has "memory" as you suggested for the jesters. Small changes do not require hot water.

Cheers