Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: i love this hobby

I agree Kinus, you have summarised the charms of this hobby very well!

I have been collecting/painting/sometimes wargaming with 1/72 figures for many years now and the attraction of the hobby has remained throughout this time...allowing it has to be said for a 'quiet' period somewhere in the middle of this half century when career, family etc had to take priority. Now that I am retired I have been able resume a constant round of collecting, researching, reading, painting etc etc. Wonderful!

Totally agree. From Christmas Day 1961 when I woke up to find the Marx "Giant Blue and Gray Battleset" under the tree, I've had a life-long love with the "little guys" and the history they represent that I've never "outgrown."

Well said Kinus! I have always loved 1/72 scale plastic figures ever since my parents bought for me the ESCI sets of WW2 US and German Soldiers in the early 90's. I was amazed by the lovely detail in such small figures and still am to this day.
I also hope my 2 year old son will be interested in the hobby when he is older so I can share it with him. In any event he'll inherit my collection when I'm gone!

Well said Kinus. As many others have already stated this is a very complete and well rounded hobby. I absolutely love it and wouldn't have it any other way!

And not to forget the great fun of collecting!

Wish you all a wonderful weekend