Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Line Chasseurs à Cheval 1813-1815

Agreed. Better horses & a less relaxed attitude among the poses would be ideal. A set holding position like as mentioned, but sabres drawn, resting on shoulders, looking ready.

Cavalry sets in advance, at the canter, rather than full blown gallop would be great too.

Something more akin to what we have seen among the WSS cavalry sets rather than what we have seen within the Napoleonic cavalry basically.

Agree to all of the above, 100%. Period.

Yes, yes. Line Chasseurs and Dragoons for 1813-1815. Absolute essentials. Throw in some line horse artillery to keep them company.

Don't forget the Big-Boots: Horse Grenadiers. I don't think anybody makes them.

Haven't HaT done a French Horse Grenadiers set?
I'm sure I have a few boxes..........somewhere!!!

Good idea

Hollywood has Cavalry charging at full gallop but the reality was more of a fast trot, so as to maintain unit cohesion and control.

Poses with sabre on shoulder are good given we have the reserve/resting sets well covered and very much appreciated

Hungarian Hussars and Prussian Kuirassiers and Landwehr are the last major horse units not covered in 1/72 plastic. Perhap start with them as complements Strelets existing ranges

Keep up the good work

Cheers

Count me in! I have been thinking about adding chasseurs à cheval de ligne to my french forces. The HAT ones, however, are indeed to small (and a bit basic in terms of sculpting and poses) while the italeri one's are way to big. The exact same thing could also be said about the Mameluks of the Guard: Hat to small and basic sculpting, Italeri waaaay too big.