Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WSS Pikemen get an outing

The link does not work ?

I copied and pasted

Gary Wayne Panter
I copied and pasted
Or, you simply left click and highlight the web-link in Graham's post and then right click and 'Go to'.

This is a fine blog, Graham, and one that I visit from time to time. The French Pikemen in the guise of Williamite pike look fine, and although they are somewhat larger do mix in well with the smaller (Airfix) musketeers, at least from 'table-top General' height. A good use for these Strelets figures. The figures from my single box are being used for standard bearers (a little trimming and an added rolled tinfoil sash), and the others with lowered or receiving pikes will probably end up converted to artillery crew. They are great sculpts, notwithstanding the 'wrong way 'round' receiving positions...just a shame that I cannot use more of them.

Incidentally: A fitting tribute to the late and renowned Mr Graham Fordham. May he Rest In Peace. Thank you.

PS: Broom bristles as pikes, spears and standard poles.... yes indeed, I have been doing this for a number of years and find that it works very well. My technique for flattening and shaping points is pretty much the same as the approach mentioned in your blog.

Thanks for the compliment on the blog. It is sometimes an odd thing, blogging, you write a post and even when you see the hit counter tick up you do wonder if anyone is paying attention.

The pikemen would make good standard bearers if you were short. I normally just stick the flag poles in the ground as in the early days I didn't have enough and the poses I had weren't conducive to the conversion.

I have another batch on the desk to paint. These will be French. I spent Sunday morning substituting the pikes with broom bristles, and only succeeded in drilling the end of my thumb twice. The broom bristles are great. They hold paint well and have just enough flex in them not to bend out of shape in mishandled.

Graham Evans
I spent Sunday morning substituting the pikes with broom bristles, and only succeeded in drilling the end of my thumb twice. The broom bristles are great. They hold paint well and have just enough flex in them not to bend out of shape in mishandled.

Ah yes, I sympathise. My thumb and fingers have been accidentally 'drilled' on quite a lot of occasions. This hobby of ours is not without its dangers!

Re the link: I first posted the link as a copy and paste. It should work now as I put the html tags on it.

An ‘ M3 ‘ steel washer makes a great hat for the early 1690’s , easily bent to shape with a pair of self grips and a small hammer.