Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nice week-end, gentlemen.

Well , I like figures with character , and I like dogs, so far so good, I like surprises and a gun I don`t at first glance recognize is a nice surprise ,so full marks.

Nice! So tempting.

Looks like a Mountain Gun/Howitzer 34/35 used by the Italians?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obice_da_75/18_modello_34

...obviously, this is it, Mr Baratheon!!! :grinning:

Not my period, but interesting. The gun seems to be a digital master, something we didn't have before as far a I remember. If the final product comes near to the master certainly an impressive piece with good detail. Well done!

Interesting to see that gun design in a digital format.
But I'm more interested in that German with the dog. That is such a nice figure, it reminds me of the soldier who brought home that stray from Afghanistan.
I'm guessing its another part of the WW1 German kitchen/at rest set?

An Italian gun, superb, and crew to follow, I have touched one of these guns along time ago on Crete , but I did not recognize it , multiple uses for sure ,so put me down for a box or two.

I've seen two of these guns in Crete. one in the village of Sivas in southern Crete and the other in my friend Georgios Hatzidakis's museum at Askifou, up in the Imbros plateau. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple of years ago, but his daughter still maintains the museum. It has many interesting exhibits from Stuka propellors, large guns, and even details of the famous kidnapping of General Heinrich Kreipe, which was the basis of the book and film 'Ill met by Moonlight'.

Anyone interested in WWII in Crete would find the place well worth the visit. Accommodation is readily available close by.

I really like the WWI German with his dog; I got a bit excited when I saw the dogs floppy ears and wondered if it could be a scent hound. The muzzle looks a bit short, but that might just be the camera angle; and the tail is a bit too shaggy. But the ears are definitely a step in the right direction.:relaxed:

FYI I will buy any future set that has a good model of a foxhound in it.