Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Calpe Minitures

28mm certainly, and at 28mm prices. But very nice figures, albeit a fairly limited range apart from late Napoleonic French and Prussians.

This simply reinforces why I decided a long time ago to invest my time and effort in 1/72 plastics. A 24 figure column of Napoleonic infantry using these figures would cost...well, something equivalent to a modest meal out for two. A single box of 1/72 figures might provide you with (almost) two 24 figure columns.

The sums are simple...and you pay your money and take your choice.

Good point Mark.

I do supplement my plastics with some metal figures from time to time.
Or if a unit or maybe a personality only exists in metal, then I will buy them....depending on how well they match up in terms of scale.

But whenever possible, I try to make the main body of my units from plastic sets.....its just cheaper.

I did read somewhere on the Calpe website that he is changing to digital/3D print. So I guess that is a move away from metal. Isn't 3D printing done using some sort of plastic? I dont know what his plans are, but if the 3D print thing is like how Speira miniatures operate, then he might if asked scale his figures down maybe?

Thankyou all for your input, as like most of you im all 1/72 plastic with a few metals thrown in plus quite a few spiera figures aswell.
Thanks again Phil