Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Plancenoit Update

I hadn't really thought about where to place the limber/horse teams to be honest. I can though, from an equestrian point of view, think of
a good reason for having the limber teams etc facing towards the guns.

Trying to "reverse" a team of horses with limber back on up to the gun, would of probably of been more hassle & taken more time than they had on a field of battle. It's far easier to make a horse go forwards than backwards. So it would of probably been much faster and far easier for the crews to just simply bring the limber up close to the gun & then just wheel the gun around and attach.

My friend Nick Lipscombe tells me that the British drill was always had theirs facing forwards. There are some images that suggest the French drill was to have theirs facing backwards. There is no evidence that I know of for the Prussians. Ever keen to think through how these things would have happened for real in the congested space available with infantry to either side, I have allowed this battery commander to keep his facing forwards.

Marvellous.

I comment more fully on your wonderful blog, which is always a joy to visit.

Regards, James

Thank you James, your comments are always very kind.

Simply stunning!!!
Always a pleasure looking at such wonderful work.

This diorama is just amazeing i love following it all the great pictures presented for my eyes keep it up and send more please.
As for the artillery set up its faceing the guns for attack faceing away for retreat so ive been told.

Thanks all, the guy who works on the guns is very talented. He is going to produce a full battery on the move next time.