Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New sets coming soon

I think the listing of imminent arrivals totals about 14 sets, which by any standards is a large batch of new sets. Strelets are to be congratulated on managing to design, sculpt and produce so many new figures during a difficult year.

I'll be looking to acquire quite a lot of these new sets, so will wait patiently for them to arrive with UK retailers.

In the meantime, there is plenty to do. My painting table seems to be creaking under the weight of half-painted or primed-but-not-yet-started figures.:wink: :crossed_swords: :lower_left_paintbrush: !!

"In the meantime, there is plenty to do. My painting table seems to be creaking under the weight of half-painted or primed-but-not-yet-started figures. !!"

Umh, must you mention it ... :face_with_rolling_eyes: If I'd paint half as many figures as I buy I'd run out of storage space, but my kitchen table would probably look much better. And to mention those half painted figures ... I'm always trying to finish at least as many of those as newly started projects but there seems to be a never ending flood of them ...

Has the box contents for dismounted dragoons been announced yet? I'm hoping for more than just 12 figures and 12 horses per set. But I also understand if Strelets do follow this approach and won't begrudge them...

Got mine yesterday in the mail...the artillery crews are exquisite...the cannon frame lacks detail but the cannon tube is impressive...Wish there were two more in the box but I'm satisfied. The dismounted dragoons and horses are fine....very well pleased. Bring on the next round! Its too hot to be outside here in North Carolina so great time to paint.

Hi John, how many figures do you get in the dismounted dragoon set though?!

Yeah, I'd be interested to know that too. Ordered mine today, but the information is unclear, some sellers say it's twelve figures plus six horses others that it's 24 figures + six horses. 24 would make more sense, as there's one horseholder per sprue and the guy is supposed to hold three horses, so two sprues of figures seem apt. Guess we'll know soon enough.

Only six standing horses (of course glanders had wiped out the French Dragoon horses before Blenheim) 24 troopers great detail.

That sounds fine to me. This ratio of men on foot to horses is ideal to re-create dismounted units with limited numbers of horses - as you point out John, as at Blenheim.

For wargames purposes I'd suggest that this also (just about) works for units with horses but which are being shown on foot. A line of dragoon horses can be represented by a few horses plus holder at one end of the line and a few at the other. The firing line is then represented by the men on foot in front.

Hi John, thanks for giving us the details. I'm happy with those quantities.