Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 260 Austrian Infantry on the March

Couldn't agree more. An Austrian (or whatever nation) set of heavy artillery would be VERY nice. At Blenheim and Malplaquet there were tiny guns and really big ones (24 pdrs.). Tiny guns we've got a plenty, both by Strelets and Zvezda, but the big ones are really missing. They might be useful for the 7YW too.
Limber and horseteams, yes, but they are probably somewhat diffcult to produce and I always hesitate assembling them, as nice as they are to look at when finished, putting the pieces together can be a frustrating task ... And we would of course need some civilian teamsters.
As the uniforms of the day were - with a few noteable exceptions - pretty generic, it really doesn't matter much which label you put on the box (as long as it doesn't include grenadiers), so most infantry and artillerymen will be useful for most nations for this theatre of war. Therefore it's splendid that Strelets is producing so many quality sets.

"Well spotted James! Somehow I missed this one as well."

I cannot claim any credit Mark, saw it on a news posting on Plastic Soldier Review!

Thanks for sharing the good news, James. :+1:

At first glance, a wonderful set of long awaited troops. Advancing & Firing Line would be logical & consistent continuations of the subject.
Thank you Strelets Team, for this and similar essential sets of an previously idle era.
Very much hope for more French, Habsburg/Imperial and other European belligerents in this fantastic quality. :slightly_smiling_face:

What great and expected news !!! Thank you Strelets !!!

Great, great, great!
Wonderful my dreams are becoming reality.
Strelets, you are opening us a new door to many more battlefields from Spain to the Balkans. from Italy to Flandres. Many collectors will buy and enjoy these troops.

Please coninue.... and I share the hopes of still more artillery and bagage trains with generic uniforms and civilians, because the artillery was the last to wear regulated uniforms. So one set will suits to different nations, but please 3 and not 2 guns in every set.

Wonderful figures, I will be using them on the battlefield against the Ottomans

Wow, it looks like it's going to be an Austrian Christmas this year. Thank you for sharing that. Strelets, any decision on the color for these Austrian sets? White or blue, I hope. Please not grey.

Well done Strelets! These look like they will gain a very high score in my personal rating system, which is admittedly a bit on the harsher side of things. The Habsburgs are most pleased. :grin: