Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For we fans of Austrians wearing powdered wigs {:-))

That should have read 17th-18th centuries. I should not type before the second cup of coffee. The video has a great depiction of Prince Eugene at the pivotal battle of Zenta, also known as Senta. Interesting to hear about the lie he reputedly told after the battle to the Habsburg Emperor about the Sultan's treasure. It also show soldiers wearing uniforms very like those on Strelet's latest beautiful Austrian cavalry masters.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for suggesting the video, it was very interesting. I think that the Strelets Austrian Cuirassiers will cover a period which starts from the siege of Vienna (1683) up to the War of the Spanish Succession, their uniforms being pretty good for such campaigns as the one of Zenta.

Cheers,

Ale

Ale,

Absolutely. I am also always struck with how slowly the traditional uniforms of the Turkish army changed over time. The available models of Janissaries and Turkish cavalry can be used over a long historical period. I do plan to do a small diorama of the battle of Zenta.

Happy modeling!

Chris

I think you definitely got me inspired!

Cheers,

Ale