Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A WoSS Figure Related Idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfhVQ0YbixA A nice video on the history of dueling in Early Modern Europe. Perhaps these examples could serve as inspiration for alternate usages of some of the WoSS officers? :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: A WoSS Figure Related Idea

I've saved this video to watch later. However I am a little concerned by the animations that have the figures waving right-handed swords around in their left hands. It sounds like a little thing, after all a sword is a sword, right?

No.

During the late 15th and through into the 16th centuries the quillons and knuckle guards of swords evolved to protect the hands of the wielder, and also to enhance the functionality of the weapon (permitting the user to trap or twist their opponent's weapon). The upshot of that was that it meant the sword could only be wielded by one hand, normally the right hand.

Not only that, all the fighting styles taught to the right hand.

So why is that important?

If a documentary is going to speak authoritatively the basics MUST be right.

The Babylonian is correct- Strelets' WSS officers have tons of potential in this area, and it is something I am going to have a look at. So watch the video - some of the background buildings are quite nice - but watch it with caution.