Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Friday everyone

Something WW2 and Deserty would be nice.

It could be a sandy Friday... and it could be because of the sand dunes of Flanders and not the Sahara... or perhaps libya's own...only Strelets can show it. Good Week-end to you friends.

Marco Zappa
It could be a sandy Friday... and it could be because of the sand dunes of Flanders and not the Sahara... or perhaps libya's own...only Strelets can show it. Good Week-end to you friends.
Near Enough... Les goumiers algériens en Belgique 1915:

Inspirational video, Ironsides.
I hope Strelets can commission a WWI range of their Goumiers. And perhaps some other North African WWI combatants. (maybe with camels)

As Graham would say, something randomly Byzy would be nice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well the clock is ticking and nothing yet from Mr Strelets so something anything I need my Friday eye candy

Ah loads of time yet!!
Could be 23:59 GMT and still be a Friday teaser!!!

Well WSS had its turn last week so I guess another era is due its turn.

Napoleonic? Napoleon still needs his foot artillery at Waterloo!! Blucher cannot find his horse artillery!!

North Africa? Lots people asking for Italians. Or maybe even more FFL??

WW1? Another "behind the front lines" themed set? British in the rear trenches having a cup of much needed tea & some food?

Or perhaps something new, AWI or war of 1812?

Have a good weekend everybody. Stay safe.

Sadly nothing Byzanty.

Dear Sirs,

to those of you, looking forward for a Happy Friday:

your message is taken:

although, we aren't entirely sure, how happy will be those on the receiving end of this device:

Best regards,

Strelets

Well I am very happy, even happier if our little anti tank guns barrel could be a little nearer horizontal, otherwise chuffed to bits.

Dear Alan,

you would have been by far less chuffed, had you known all the risks, associated with such devices.
Just read the extract from an actual risk assessment report for items like this:
Quote:

Insertion - Puncture
(This aspect is not fully addressed by EN 71-1).

There could be a puncture hazard from the gun barrel of the cannon
as these are relatively long and slender and can easily be removed
from the cannon stand. Young children as part of exploratory
behaviour may try to insert the barrel into their ear or other orifice.

Recommended Action
Reducing the length or increasing the diameter may reduce the risk of
this hazard.

Unquote

So, please, keep it away from orifices, before recommended action is taken!:skull:

Best regards,

Strelets

PS Just curious how historical accuracy adepts will accept "recommended action"

PPS You may aim your barrel up or down, depending on your mood:

Ha ha, well always one to see the funny side, glad the gun can be elevated and I for one promise not to shove it in any orifices ,mine or a small child's. Most in fact the vast majority of the kids getting they`re hands on it will be the wrong side of 40 yrs ,and just refusing to grow up anyway. If it is not too late to ask , a hands on crew please, and not forgetting my manners thank you once again for listening .

Re: Happy Friday everyone.....Silly Health & Safety!!!

Strelets
Dear Alan,

you would have been by far less chuffed, had you known all the risks, associated with such devices.
Just read the extract from an actual risk assessment report for items like this:
Quote:

Insertion - Puncture
(This aspect is not fully addressed by EN 71-1).

There could be a puncture hazard from the gun barrel of the cannon
as these are relatively long and slender and can easily be removed
from the cannon stand. Young children as part of exploratory
behaviour may try to insert the barrel into their ear or other orifice.

Recommended Action
Reducing the length or increasing the diameter may reduce the risk of
this hazard.

Unquote

PS Just curious how historical accuracy adepts will accept "recommended action"
RE: "Recommended action"

In terms of addressing us "accuracy adepts".

What utter nonsence!! Oh it may be true don't get me wrong but that is H&S gone mad!! Is it a legal recommendation or just advice?

Easy way around this.....increase the age mentioned on a box.
Won't stop those youngsters who are really interested buying them (I was making model kits as a little kid that were so say for 8years+......I was 5!!! Ooh wasn't I naughty!!!)

Now you aren't saying this was the reason for no bayonets or short muskets now are you Strelets??!! 😉😂. If a little kid wants to stick a Uhlan somewhere unadvisable, well........they are just odd!!

Strelets
PPS You may aim your barrel up or down, depending on your mood:
But then the young children might shoot themselves in the foot :scream: Tut, tut, tut Strelets, you really haven't got on board with the concept of The Nanny State have you?

Not my period but that is a seriously good looking model.

:desert: :grinning: :bomb: :flag-it:

Who is the chap stood with the artillery piece? His own firearm looks like another odd muskety thing, rather than a 20th Century rifle such as a K98, M1 Garand or LE.303?
They look like they are from completely different era's!!

Of course maybe they are & this is a trick!!

Interesting definitely!

Either way, armed with his own firearm, big axe, a sword & that artillery.....hes certainly someone who's got all bases covered!

The figure with the AT gun is a Russian Streltsy soldier from the 16th-18th Century. They were armed with an arquebus and a bardiche - the axe-bladed polearm. Strelets used to issue them an an "extra" or bonus figure in boxes of soldiers.

Ah of course!! Thanks Ian!!

For the avoidance of doubt, the figure is used for size comparison purposes only. It belongs to a set, that was long but released.
Regards,

Strelets

Ah ok I get ya!! Did seem a bit weird together!!!

Nice figures. I like the Italian infantryman sculpt very much and look forward to this set. The 28mm cone bore is an intriguing little gun, and I'm sure will be popular amongst us over-40s who remember the old Airfix WW2 infantry/Afrika Corps 1/76 sets.

Re: the Streltsi figure: Have a look at this feature on PSR:
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ShowFeature.aspx?id=15

I believe this one was issued with the British Camel Corps set.

Re: barrel elevation....take the wheels off, as per the operating mode for this weapon, and.....

Probably no need to model the double (spaced) armoured shield in this scale, but even so, a nice little model.

Have a good weekend:slightly_smiling_face:

Still hoping for some Chinese WW2 items!!! :nerd_face:

Ah yes, the (in)famous 'pak antitank gun' from the Airfix sets of days gone by! The one in the photograph is on the lightweight airborne carriage, as Airfix tried to produce, sorta.......for some reason you got two of them in the Afrika Korps set, but only one with the German Infantry

Memories of a misspent youth!:nerd_face:

Is that a Streltzi I see before me? Are we to have a new issue of bonus figures?
If so perhaps we will see the Streltzi-Afghan-Camel-Mousketiers.:)

Hi Murat.
No apparently it is there for scale comparison only. It tricked me too!! For a minute I thought we were getting a completely dedicated new set. Was confused too about being stuck next to a much more modern artillery piece, as the colour of plastic etc made it seem as if they were part of the same set, but that was all cleared up by Strelets above. So nah, just an older bonus figure showing size comparison. AT gun looks brilliant though!

All the best
Roger

I'd say the top one is not Italian, but from somewhere in Eastern Europe. Mauser type carbine, Polish, Czech or Slovak helmet, summer uniform...?

My guess Slovak: http://brushesandbayonets.blogspot.com/2019/03/flames-of-war-slovakian-army.html

If I am correct, then this bloke withn the binoculars (and German ammo pouches) may also be Slovak:
http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1084538&cmd=show