Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A little gratitude please

Well said, Cappy,

I'm a bit late to the conversation but I add my gratitude to Strelets AND its competitors for the sacrifices, labor, and risk they take to produce those little bits of plastic we love so much. Having had an "inside" look or two at what it takes for those little guys to be produced as well as the care and effort that goes in to producing a quality product - I've also been privy to the personal disappointment when something goes wrong and the product doesn't turn out right. Sometimes mistakes are discovered so far along in the process that to go back and start over might be economically devastating.

One of the big things I look for when I buy figures of either scale I collect is compatibility. Will the new figures fit with my other figures? I'm looking for accuracy, of course, but I am forgiving to a point. When we were kids and all we had were GIANT "Napoleonics" in French shakos in red and blue plastic we had to make do. Then Airfix came along... Now? We can be picky.

I won't buy a set that doesn't "fit" or has glaring deficiencies that can't be worked around. At 1/72 scale I think there's more flexibility than 1/32. Even then, I'm fairly tolerant of a great deal - to a point.

I've offered input before; oftentimes I'm outvoted. Oh well. It's up to me when the final product comes out if I want to buy it or not. After a point, what's the point?

I think there's a fine line between welcoming constructive input and pleasing the consumers and letting too many cooks spoil the broth; just as there's a fine line between offering constructive suggestions and fault-finding. If either shoe fits...

Finally, thank you Strelets for "upping" your game. I wish you and your competitors well as when you are all "cooking on all burners" we all benefit.

Re: A little gratitude please

Maybe this is because I am used to the brutality of other comment platforms in the internet age, but in my opinion I think the vast majority of you are decent at providing constructive criticism while at the same time encouraging Strelets in their future endeavors. I naturally hope this tradition continues into the future.

As an individual who grew up in a very historically interested household, I have grown up for years with debates about historical accuracy when it comes to figures, movies, PC games, and the like. For me, I would give an 8 or 9 out of 10 score on average for how Strelets rates compared to all of these medians, which is not bad (as a comparative I would say most post-1990 Hollywood movies with any sort of historical content usually score in the 1 to 5 range). There are a few scruples here and there that I personally think need adjusting, but at the end of the day my Vikings more or less look like Vikings, Romans look like Romans, and so on. They provide inspiration and joy for myself and (hopefully) most of the rest of us on here as well, which to me is the main point. Keeping the memories of these cultures and peoples alive. :grin: