Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WSS artillery- 2 funs per box

The later HaT artillery sets such as the 1805 French were indeed good sets, ok only 4 crew per gun but there are optional arms too. The guns themselves were far superior to their earlier small, very basic ones.
Zvezda however have to be the best artillery sets out there....big box sets that is. I have both the Napoleonic French & Russian sets & the guns are amazing, figures are great & best of all you get a limber & caission too! Yes more pricey, (& fiddly!), but you got what you paid for.

Yes, the Zvezda artillery sets were great, but let's not forget the excellent Revell sets (30YW, 7YW and British foot artillery). Ah, the good old days ...

So based on a hint I received on a comment in this forum earlier this year, I believe this set of two guns may be accompanied by a sister set with two limbers with crews in the future. If I am correct in this assertion, then the idea would be that between the two sets you would end up with two guns, two limbers, and crews for all between them.

Naturally it is up to personal preference, but I would actually prefer this to Zvezda's GNW way because each would have a limber to tow the gun. I also vastly prefer the plastic that Strelets is made out of, so looking forward to the final results!