Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DAK Heavy weapons

Italians definitely needed. Never covered properly.

Graham Korn
Italians definitely needed. Never covered properly.
Also the Vichy French who worked hard to tie down allied forces in the Levant and North Africa.

Hi
I agree with all the above - the Italian "teaser" figures look interesting.
Waterloo 1815 do a good Italian Support Group with useful weapons.
As for small arms and heavy weapons there doesn't seem to be information on them. I tried a bit of online research but I've found very little on small arms and heavy weapons.
I also find it it difficult to make up my units, whether historically accurate or not, without mixing figures from different manufacturers.
The core of my Middle East armies is also good old Airfix but the same comments also apply, that is lack of heavy weapons, shortage of riflemen etc.
I also want Colonial sets! Never satisfied are we?
Stay safe folks
Richard

There is a new decent 2,8 cm Panzerbüchse made by Caesar for their set of Heavy Weapons for Paratroopers.

Steffen Schöps
There is a new decent 2,8 cm Panzerbüchse made by Caesar for their set of Heavy Weapons for Paratroopers.
Thank you Steffen. I was trying to remember where I had seen the 2.8cm model in one or other set and of course it is the Caesar set that you mention.

The 'problem' is of course that half of the 'heavy weapons' outfit has already been released in the excellent DAK Mortars set. But without stretching things too far, a set with MG34s on tripod and also being carried, with ammunition carriers also, and some other 'useful' figures posed in such a way to allow them to be converted to artillery crew, would work as a set: 'DAK Machine guns' as a title.

I'm not sure we would need the 2.8cm in this set though: if it was 4 sprues then that would mean 4 guns, and this small A/T gun was numerically less common than, initially, the 37mm PAK36 and then during 1942/43 the 50mm PAK38, which was the backbone of the DAK Anti-tank artillery....and PSC make a very good set of 50mm guns already.