Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where will this all end...??

Wonder which army this chap belongs to? Not French, because of his moustache - only worn by mounted grenadiers during this period. Definitely not British. Not Austrian or another German army, because the trumpeter would have worn "swallows nest" shoulder decorations. Maybe Dutch? We need some Dutch to fill out the squadrons of Captain Jack's armies.

Re: Where will this all end...??

Strelets
Hopefully in one big diorama:slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

Strelets
It should be endin " SSW French cuirassier of the line " new set...

In Preparation

Truly great. Over what period can these figures be used?

Re: In Preparation

congratulations on a superb set of Austrian cavalry , in particular on the the fantastic kettle drummer, to my knowledge in over 60 years of collecting Strelets is the first firm to have produced this figure in 1/72 scale , with a very accurate head gear, indeed a great addition to WSS range, and the proposed trumpeter yet another great pose, again WELL DONE Strelets team
cheers Old John

Re: In Preparation

I must admit that I was surprised at how old fashioned these Austrians look. I would not be surprised if some of these ended up cantering across the countryside at Edgehill or in some 30yw army.

Re: New Austrian curassiers SSW

Excellent sculpting!

Airfix made a kettle drummer in their British hussar set for Waterloo. After a mere 49 years, the market seems ready for another one...

Here's me trying very hard not to raise more armies for yet another period! Regards, Pa

So very, very nice, and without the flaws of the previous offerings by Waterloo 1815! :D

All discussions of kettle-drummers aside (I personally probably won't use them, but I can see others doing so, if only for conversions like the old Airfix drummers}, the thing I like about this set, and the rest of the WSS range, is that they're so very nicely all on purpose. These guys look like they mean business.

Looking forwards to getting my hands on these, thank you Strelets.

Oh my Gawd, they're gorgeous!!! Several boxes will be heading this way, I can assure you!!