Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: French Guard Chasseurs Masters

Strelets
Dear Murat,

may we suggest you to watch the sprues, images of which will follow shortly.
Regards,

Strelets
I'm intrigued. I shall be watching in eager anticipation.:sunglasses:

Well, what is on the box should be in the box, right? These two young ladies, one in winter dress, the other one in summer dress, so graceful, so much prettier than what we were threatened with here

http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1082967&cmd=show

And have you seen that valet carrying his master's overcoat? Um, what was his name? Ah, yes ...

http://pub33.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2833323740&frmid=6&msgid=1082763&cmd=show

:laughing:

I really like chasseurs à cheval de la Garde figures. The poses are exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I will probably replace the heads of the horses.

Yes, another set with beautifully sculpted figures and really novel and interesting poses.

Thanks Strelets,

James

Some fine sculpting here and some interesting poses, useful for standing guard over The Emperor or as picquets. Those holding carbines are particularly useful for this latter duty.

Inevitably this set will be compared with the Revell set, which in my view is one of the finest sets of Napoleonic Light Cavalry ever made in 1/72 plastic.

I agree with much of what is said above regarding uniform, horses and the huge guidon/eagle. The sculpting of the eagle is great, but again there is a huge error in providing such a large standard for a light cavalry unit. Is the sculptor/team designing these sets under a directive of 'must have a very large standard'? It is not right and again is a wasted figure unless the buyer is capable of converting him to a more useful cavalryman.

For my part, I will certainly buy a box of these, maybe two. The guidon/standard/eagle will be sacrificed to the 'spares' box as soon as politely possible, and a replacement sword arm will be found.

...And hopefully one day Strelets will start to produce Napoleonic cavalry 'at the advance': trotting horses, sabres drawn and resting on shoulders, not charging about but moving forward. It is the pose that almost everyone wants to buy lots of.

Have a good weekend:relaxed:

Minuteman

...And hopefully one day Strelets will start to produce Napoleonic cavalry 'at the advance': trotting horses, sabres drawn and resting on shoulders, not charging about but moving forward. It is the pose that almost everyone wants to buy lots of.

Have a good weekend:relaxed:
Amen to that Minuteman!

I like them a lot, especially the large Colpacks which are excellent. I'm building the Service Squadron for La Belle Alliance and these will look very good. I do agree that horses are a bit primitive and I may exchange them for something more life-like.

Yes i agree with all that has been mentioned above, saying that i have a use for 3 possibly more boxes of these.
Ill just swap out the rubish horses and use franznap ones.

As a wargamer I don't need any more guard light cavalry but I guess I could use them as line hussars elite companies - horses will be fine with a lick of paint, nice to see them in restrained poses.