Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Box Art for Goumiers & Hussars

Its the photoshopped type for these sets. No nice artwork this time.

No mountains on the Goumiers box either..... looks a much flatter, dryer, sandy and warmer climate!! So that answers that question!!
So those figures aiming high could indeed be firing at a upper storey of a building. Poses make much more sense now in this setting, what with sneeking around alleys. Still would been good to see another firing pose whos aiming level and perhaps a kneeling firing figure.

Not my era but I may just buy this set. Not been impressed with the recent Napoleonic offerings so can use money for those on these instead!!!

Re: New Box Art for Goumiers & Hussars

Yes, the photo-shopped box artwork seems to be the norm excepting the WoSS sets with their new, excellent, painted artwork. And so far as I am concerned, that is fine:grinning:

There is plenty of information on uniforms for both Russian Napoleonic Hussars and WW2 Goumiers, but nonetheless the pictures serve as a useful reference.

The Goumiers look like a desperate bunch, not to be met in a dark alley at night...or even in the daytime as shown here.

The wealthy couple with child in the Hussars box art appear to be bemused at being surrounded by a dozen well-dressed Hussars in the middle of a grassy meadow....presumably while out for a Sunday afternoon walk...????...."We appear to be surrounded, my dear!"

Both good sets though, and hopefully to be seen with the retailers in a few months time?

Re: New Box Art for Goumiers & Hussars

My first impression of the artwork on the Russian Hussar box was it might have been a scene out of "War and Peace." I speak only for myself, but am really looking forward to this set and others like it being more into temporary dioramas and pictures of same I have many rip-roaring cavalry units at full charge. The "at ease" sets depict a gap in representing troops of all branches doing what soldiers have done since time immemorial - waiting.

In the US Army we have a term, "Hurry up and wait!" I imagine the Roman Legionnaires in the back ranks experienced the same thing while waiting his "turn" in the front rank of the formation. I can see (particularly in the Napoleonic era, which has become my primary focus here lately) a large scene with formations in the front in action poses and firing lines or attacking poses with the "at ease" or "attention" units in the rear waiting (and dreading) their turn at the front.