Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Collectable Strelets sets

"Having said that, with me they are usually off the sprue and into warm soapy water the day they arrive here".

Same here!! 😂😂

I was losing hope on collecting some of the old ones until two years ago, when I found STRM001-003 to go with the Viking Mini set that was purchased ten years or so. Happy about that, as they look really nice while in formation compared to other offerings.

The full court push for me now is to try and track down the Muslim Foot Warriors somewhere. I am trying not to pay 20+ EUR for them (I try to avoid 20+ for any one set), but alas that rule might have to be amended.

P.S.- Yea, the guys have no chance of staying on the sprue. They hack their own way out if nothing else! :joy: :grin:

Truth be told, even loose figures which are scarce or not made anymore can go for much more than originally paid for.

My best was bidding 40.00 for an Airfix box of Astronauts on Evilbay lost winning bid 52.00 A year later re released for 3.99.

Evilbay!! Haha I like that!!!

Think I sold a set of Hat Napoleonic Swedish Infantry too that went for more than I originally paid. Didnt hang on to them as I wasnt a fan of the style of them...or the plastic.
They didnt sell anywhere near what the Zvezda Hussars did, but think it was still at least double.

Guess if you want something bad enough!

I searched high and low for the original dismounted Boers that Strelets released and kept drawing a blank, luckily they re-released them and I snapped them up. A few years ago I promised myself to buy stuff when it came out even if I had no immediate plans for it but the flood of sets was so vast that I couldn't afford to. Don't generally think about the later value of sets, except I did put aside a box each of Orion's Boxers and Vikings with the bonus figures which are mint in box. Not that I've looked to see if they are in demand or not.

I dont buy sets with the thought of what they will be worth later either. I buy them for one purpose.....to use them!!! Im not a collector per say. Instead I paint them up ready for when I build a diorama.

I just got lucky on ebay. Had some sets that didnt really need, so rather than let them collect dust I put them on there thinking somebody might want them.....and boy they sure did!!!