Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Country Folk/Farmers

Very good idea. Strelets once had a nice box "The French army camp" with soldiers sitting around a campfire, doctors, a smithy ... image this one being redone with their new sculpting standard. A box - or at least some bonus figures - of civilians for the respective period would be great. Why not add a farmer plus horse to a cavalry set? Or some mounted gentlemen? This would make boxes highly collectible.
The problem with a single box is probably the limited number of customers. People will buy ten boxes of marching infantry if they want to build a diorama, but they generally don't need multiple civilians peforming the same action. So, boxes with common soldiers will always sell better than a box focusing on the general staff. Therefore I'd favour the bonus figures, if only because it's a less risky investment for the manufacturer - unless you pledge for kickstarter box.

I too am fine with such poses just being part of the bonus figure aspect. I just threw the minibox idea out there as just another suggestion. Dont know if there are many non-military collectors/diorama builders out there, but maybe such a minibox would work for them if they are.

But I agree for military modellers etc, a whole box wouldnt be viable.
So yeah, include such figures as bonus figures. Like you say, a civilian farrier and horse in a cavalry set perhaps. Then maybe a blacksmith or wheelwright in an artillery or wagon set maybe?
Farming folk just put here and there among the infantry sets.

That sort of thing anyway.

I too would appreciate the inclusion of craftsmen as mentioned as bonus figures in military sets. They would fit in perfectly and deliver something extra-special to the sets.

Farm workers and craftspeople would be great! Whether as bonus figures, or in a mini box, or even a big box. I think they would bring scenery to life, and they don't have to acknowledge that there's a battle raging around them.

This idea has been mentioned quite a lot in the past and I entirely agree. One of the problems with the Streltsi figures was they bore no relationship to the other figures in the set. I think adding a couple of relevant civilians to a set would be a real bonus. My main area of interest is medieval and it would very much enhance a set's appeal for me if it also included a contemporary civilian to people your table.