Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A set of War of Spanish Succession Generals?

Dear Minuteman,

one should keep in mind, that personalities aren't required in a quantity, that would allow a set to pay back investment into molds and master models, hence a different approach was taken for WSS, spreading individuals among ordinary sets.
WSS in itself, commercially is by far a bigger risk, than Napoleonics or WWII, so there's no need to aggravate it even further.

Best regards,

Strelets

P.S. Rest assured, there will be no shortage of personalities in WSS series.

Thank you Strelets, and thank you for the insights into the commercial risks in taking on a subject such as the WoSS which is not 'mainstream'.

I will continue to do what little I can to help towards making your WoSS venture a commercial success...or at least a break-even...by continuing to buy you sets (including generals) as they come out!

regards

Minuteman

PS: French Line cavalry should sell well. Also Dutch Cavalry, Foot etc They are all needed in substantial quantities by anyone building the Armies of Marlborough and his French/Spanish opponents.

Dear Minuteman,

it's only when you really dip into this conflict (which, by no means, was an English-French affair alone), that you start to realise what a :weight_lifter: that is to re-create, at least, the main battles. As a matter-of-fact, during this week-end we decided on the next 11 sets that will expand the series in mid- and longer term. On the back of that decision we gave you assurances, that, in due course, you will have other WSS personalities.

Best regards,

Strelets

This all sounds very interesting. Thank you Strelets for your commitment to this period, and for the fine figures. This is becoming a notable 'milestone' in the 1/72 plastics hobby, by any standards.

Regards

Minuteman

A further 11 sets!!!! Wow!!! I have bought multiples of every WoSS set issued so far and will buy all of those planned for the future. Well done, Strelets. The figures are superb. :relaxed:

Best Strelets series with regard to figure quality and due to the scope of the conflict and the nations involved should appeal to an equally broad number of customers. Keep up the good work!

Bravo, Strelets! We look forward to the continuation of the line.

Dear Strelets, am looking forward to all the upcoming WSS sets as well as the 11 new sets you mentioned, this period is very fascinating to me (actually i mean obsessed!!), have walked most of the battlefields and collected a vast range of books, prints etc not to mention several 1000 painted figures both metal & plastic to recreate WSS battles on the table top, and have similarly done same for GNW, Vienna 1683, and over the decades done Naps ACW, ECW, SYW, AWI

may i suggest if and when you do command/personality sets, suggest a officer's horse drawn coach

i must again compliment greatly your sculpting team on the outstanding work they do, truly excellent

one area not really covered to our scale is WSS in Spain, in particular Portuguese troops although looking at the forthcoming French Dragoon sets these could well be used for Portuguese Dragoons

stay safe out there
cheers Old John

The WSS range is indeed very well done and Strelets should be applauded for covering it so comprehensively. Even though my main historical area of interest is the 20th century, I bought some of the WSS infantry sets simply because they were such nice figures.

Great news about the 11 sets, I can't wait, but my painting arm says take it slow. More Napoleonic civilians will be great, I'll be buying the sets even though I have enough Napoleonics.

None of any of this sounds the least bit deserty....

As I walked the dogs this morning
it just occured to me
ther're fellows out there yearning
for what they cannot see.
They feel just like ol' Rommmel
who uttered desperate cries
as he searched the horizon
in hope of some supplies.
So keep your water rationed
prepare for a draught
Be patient and cheerful
it won't be for naught.
And if the time of waiting
should ever be too long
just walkabout and whistle
an old Oasis song.

Sorry, that's what happens if too much nonsense accumulates under an old curly wurly wig ...

Very good!! 😂😂

Strelets
Dear Minuteman,

it's only when you really dip into this conflict (which, by no means, was an English-French affair alone), that you start to realise what a :weight_lifter: that is to re-create, at least, the main battles. As a matter-of-fact, during this week-end we decided on the next 11 sets that will expand the series in mid- and longer term. On the back of that decision we gave you assurances, that, in due course, you will have other WSS personalities.

Best regards,

Strelets
Thank you for your wonderful notice of a further expansion of WSS!

Please don´t forget Prince Eugene and the austrians!

Dear Strelets, You are totally Crazy
... and that's why we like You!:the_horns:

Wow, 11 sets! That is an incredible commitment these days, well done and good luck! We will be here. :sunglasses: