Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Христос Воскресе!

Awesome! Continue at this pace and in five years there will be no more subjects to cover ... 😄😄😄.
The russian hussars aside, any ideas who the other fellows might be? French elite or chasseurs a cheval de la garde? And the drummer?

Hi,
The advantage of 1/72 is that there are barely any differences between an elite company hussars and imperial guard chasseurs.
Great figures again yet mixed feeling about the at ease concept. Hopefully the great Strelets team will provide more saber drawn cavalry.
Happy Easter everyone.
CPN

I think maybe the drummer can be an austrian of the curassieurs ...I have see in a print on Piterest something like this master fig.

Really nice figures! Great Russian Hussars again.
Not sure who the chap with the colpack is as he could represent a few different units of different nations.

My best guess as to the guy with the busby would be that he's french. British colbacks seem to have been both smaller and higher in the Iberian theatre and somewhat less so for Waterloo. Prussian, Russians, Austrians had shakos. There are some nice photographs of french veterans of Waterloo on the web and the colbacks of both hussars and guard chasseurs are enormous compared to those hitherto produced in 1/72. Or look up Ridley Scott's "The Duellists" for reference.

I thought it was the other way around, British had Busbys and French etc used Colpacks? Maybe not. Think some Prussian squadrons of Uhlans might of worn one of these styles too? Like von Shill or Hellwig?
That early "busby" that was more narrow had another name which escapes me. Want to say Mirliton but not sure. Its on the Hat Prussian 1806 Hussars box artwork anyway. Tall and thin thing.

But I do think hes either a elite hussar trooper or Imperial Guard Chasseur a Cheval.

Roger W

But I do think hes either a elite hussar trooper or Imperial Guard Chasseur a Cheval.
Happy Orthodox Easter !!

The number of new sculpts we have been seeing in recent days is quite amazing. The team must be working hard there at Strelets.

I'd say that a set each of French Imperial Guard Lancers and Guard Chasseurs (each 'at rest' or 'in reserve') are amongst the sets that Strelets will be treating us to in the next 6 months.

My greatest interest amongst these Napoleonic cavalry is the Russian hussars however: I have a project that they will fit into very well, so a release date would be helpful.

Voistieno Voskresie !

Happy ohrtodox easter to you !
and thank you for those masterpieces !!!

Happy Easter to you too! Man Louis XIV's armies sure were stylish, we need to work that back into today's armed forces somehow.

Wishing very happy Easter festivities to the Strelets team, their families and of course all readers celebrating this weekend. :relaxed:

Thanks for continously spoiling us with your beautiful figures.
Although it may sometimes not be expressed clearly enough here, your work is certainly widely appreciated. :+1:

Looking forward to nearly all your upcoming releases.
Take care & my best wishes for these turbulent times.

Happy Easter Strelets

Enjoy and thanks for al the fantastic figures

Cheers

No use in the desert any of them....

Воистину Воскресе! Мира, добра, благополучия

That just might be the most impressive 1/72 scale plastic moustache ever. :relaxed:

Blessings on Easter! Some beautiful figures. I, for one, love the "At Ease" cavalry figures and will use them in my scenarios; I have plenty of wildly charging cavalrymen (not saying I won't snatch up any new sets you might release in this new style) - the more relaxed poses are useful for standing watch, waiting to go in, or merely guarding a flank. Great stuff.

ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ ΑΝΕΣΤΗ!!!
...as we Greeks Orthodox say for all our brothers, Orthodox, Protestants, Catholics, even Jews or Islamists!!! Islamists believe Jesus as a great prophet, Jews are not sure about it, but we love all of you!!! (Or I believe we should feel this way...)
And if our hobby is a little warlike, it's only a hobby.
I am sure, all of us, we believe in peace and in brotherhood (and sisterhood) of mankind...

Well said, MARIOS KONTOGIANNIS, and may I add, Strelets is doing thier part in international goodwill by producing some of the finest figurines ever, and making them available to all who wants to join in the joy! Thanks everyone! - GC :earth_africa: :earth_asia: :earth_americas:

Happy easter to all my Ortodox friends!
Riestus vas riesty! (Russian phonetic try...)

Regards

Patrice