Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Qte "Nappy Brit casualty poses you showed previously, ...are definitely headed to New Orleans"

Now they are brilliant!

Re: Qte "Nappy Brit casualty poses you showed previously, ...are definitely headed to New Orleans"

.........again without bayonets fixed. No wonder the poor chaps are suffering casualties as they dont look to be trained & drilled properly!! Oh they can stand still nicely (😉),but once they see action.....
Even their brown bess/Lee Enfield hybrids havent helped them.

Seriously Strelets, can you just let us know if the entire set is like that (no fixed bayonets) please?

If it is, is it now too late to get them attached?
Thorough research & good quality control are just as important as quality sculpting.
If a job is worth doing, its worth doing right so my grandfather used to say. Especially for something people pay hard earned money for.

The odd looking muskets themselves & the forage caps might be too late to change, but cant the masters at least just have bayonets attached to the end of the "muskets"?

Wasnt there a French WSS set (musketeers?/Fusiliers?) that had issues with the musket/fusil? So this really should of been a lesson learned.

Please take the criticism & comments seriously and ensure it doesnt happen again for future sets, as this was a ridiculous mistake for such a important set.

The recent uhlan masters were good, but these British Infantrymen were a set I was really hoping for...and have instead been left feeling disappointed & frustrated.

Fantastic!
Strelets delivers what we asked for I.e. action boxes leading the path for other nations to have the same treatment.

To be fair I am convinced the bayonet will be provided as the look of top figures seems to indicate to me that the bayonets seem to have snapped from maybe the moulding phase.

As for the headgear, well it is known the shakos were worn out especially in campaign and since Amazon prime was not there yet all armies soldiers did use their bonnets.

Overall very happy. Now same treatment for cavalry please:)

CPN

I really hope it is indeed just a case of bayonets having just snapped off. I was really hoping & looking forward to this type of set seeing the light of day.
Forage cap guys will be beheaded and have a belgic shako wearing head attached instead!!

If the bayonets arent broken off but actually not done on purpose, well..., i wont have to worry about changing the forage cap wearers.

Yep, New Orleans it will be. Heck, it already feels like Mardi Gras!

Dear Strelets :- again very good and very needed figures, but again they need the brown bess musket WITH BAYONET!! turn backs on coat tails, please please please do not put the wounded standard bearer laying on the floor, as the standard would have been taken of him either before he hit the floor or very very soon after!!! Better still DONT include a wounded standard bearer!! O and no forege caps please

Re: Friday in Waiting

My my, there are quite a few Fridays this week. :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No use in the desert.... But they do need bayonets, Strelets can be chunky bayonets,but with care they can be trimmed,and that is easier than adding them from scratch.

Re: Friday in Waiting....muskets and bayonets

The strange thing is that Strelets have modelled perfectly acceptable British muskets, useable as 'Brown Bess' weapons, in the three WoSS British infantry sets. All of the muskets in these sets have socket bayonets fixed.

So it can be done!

Re: Friday in Waiting....muskets and bayonets

Different sculptor is my guess.

A first step towards the often requested firing line sets.
Great sculpting & excellent choice of poses: firing, reloading, wounded... :+1:
And yes, quite a few enthusiasts are very much hoping for an expansion of this format to include the main infantry units of the major opponents of the Napoleonic Wars: France, Russia, Austria-Hungary & Prussia.
In this light, keep em coming, as long as this is a foreshadowing of the more essential troop contingents of the decisive battles 1812-15.
:sunglasses:

If still possible at this stage, it would indeed be a great improvement if the figures could have fixed bayonets on their rifles.

In case they come without bayonets they can perhaps be used for the defense of Hougoumont. They probably didn't have them attached when firing out of windows. Very limited scenario though.

Wouldn't they need poses aiming downwards then, so as to fire on the attacking French from an elevated position?
Not to mention I think Nassau Grenadiers held the gardeners house for a while. Not saying guardsmen weren't in the house at some point but, certainly not all day.
Think a good few guardsmen would of had bayonets attached for if and when the French scaled the walls.
Either way, a rather limiting scope for the set as you say. 😕

This is how I approached this at Hougoumont:

Wonderful General Picton...but taken from a distance I cannot see bayonets, attached or otherwise:grin:

I cannot seriously believe that any Napoleonic infantry would fight without a bayonet attached to their musket, unless in very specific circumstances: holding fortified buildings and firing through loop-holes might be one; being caught by surprise on the march might be another; and having a specific role as a sharpshooter might be a third (the bayonet is quite heavy and makes it more difficult to hold an aiming point). Some infantry eg: Russian and many Prussians, might keep the bayonet attached at all times.

But the bottom line is...mould muskets with attached bayonets please.

Yep a fair few look like they got bayonets on Minuteman. Nice work General Picton!! Some ACW conversions in there among others.
And yes Minuteman, bottom line....have bayonets fixed please Strelets.

But the stars of the show....
Those cabbages growing there!!!
Cauliflower too!! Looks like a real garden!!!

Very nice diorama indeed, General Picton! I really like the garden and the British infantry. The French might need some reinforcements though or is the rest of them hiding behind the trees? 😄

Thanks Flambeau! Will this do?

Oh wow!!!

Its things like the way you have made French troops giving one another a leg up over the wall that really gives your diorama a new dimension. Its truly amazing. Your the king of conversions!
And the build of the Chateau itself....im lost for words!
Must be getting on during the day as the fire has certainly done its damage.
Do you plan on adding any flickering LED type lighting to things like areas on fire etc? Some under the barns and main house to represent burning embers so to speak?

As The Duke himself might have said in a somewhat under-stated sort of way: "Yes, that will do very well, (General) Picton. Now get your men down there and clear those French off my garden wall."

Splendid stuff, simply awe-inspiring. And what a lot of Frenchmen there are trying to get at those cabbages in the walled garden....:grin:

Feelings can run high in the horticultural world - I received some criticism that my cabbages were out of season for the 18th June.

General Picton
Feelings can run high in the horticultural world - I received some criticism that my cabbages were out of season for the 18th June.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Out of season or not, they are brilliantly done. All the gardens are.
General Picton aka Capability Brown of the miniature world!!!

Oh ... Wow ... and ... Wow!!! Didn't see these earlier as there were so many new threads and this one moved ever further down, but that's absolutely awesome. Also shows that Airfix's french artillery still is of some use. How many boxes went into this one?
Can't say it often enough: Fantastic work! Is there more? La Haye Sainte or Plancenoit?

General Picton has his own blog if you would like to visit it? You can spend ages just looking over the pictures with your jaw dropped in amazement!

This is the link:

http://generalpicton.blogspot.com/?m=1

The work is truly fantastic and the level of conversion ability is something I can only dream about!

Thanks! Just found out about it by myself and then I realized I had previously seen his fantastic work on Benno's site. Just didn't make the connection at the time I posted - stupid me :sunglasses: It's now been added to my favorites. Truly amazing stuff! There are some real artists at work here!

Dear Strelets :- Good figures but can they please have the brown bess instead of the carbine??!! Can they also have a bayonet fitted, no forage caps unless they are spare heads plus can coat tails have turnbacks please??!! This would turn a good set into a great set, as is at the moment i wil not be includeing them into my collection.