Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do Hagen ACW artillery compare for size with Strelets and other plastic figures?

Thanks to Strelets I have greatly increased the ranks of my American Civil War forces in recent times and have even recruited a number of Strelets Boers to boost their number.

I see on the Hagen-Miniatures website a selection of ACW artillery pieces and crew, listed as both 20mm and 1/72.

Does anyone have experience of how these compare for size with plastic 1/72 ACW figures?

Thanks

Re: How do Hagen ACW artillery compare for size with Strelets and other plastic figures?

Hi,

I have the Hagen Artillery sets. The figures and canons are wonderful, but slightly bigger than Strelets - mostly 2mm. I can recommend a buy. The differences aren´t big.

Hagen has Boers and britsh colonial too, which are more different in their size to Strelets. It´s possible to combine them, but with some distance to the Strelets figures because you recognise the differences nearby.

Re: How do Hagen ACW artillery compare for size with Strelets and other plastic figures?

sansovino
Hi,

I have the Hagen Artillery sets. The figures and canons are wonderful, but slightly bigger than Strelets - mostly 2mm. I can recommend a buy. The differences aren´t big.

Hagen has Boers and britsh colonial too, which are more different in their size to Strelets. It´s possible to combine them, but with some distance to the Strelets figures because you recognise the differences nearby.
Thanks sansovino.

Very helpful.

I used the Boers too! Does anyone know if Strelets will continue to add to their ACW line? I could think of a number of sets they could do....

chuck s
I used the Boers too! Does anyone know if Strelets will continue to add to their ACW line? I could think of a number of sets they could do....
A quick and easy one would be the 12 pdr cannons from the Crimean War French artillery set with the crew figures from the two existing ACW gun sets

I have used the excellent Hagen ACW artillery and crew for my Antietam project and very nice they are too.

Massimo, the sculptor is a genius.

The gunners are a bit fiddly to assemble but I used plasticine as a ‘ jig’.

They are slightly larger than Stretlets but fit in well .

Best wishes,

Chris

C M DODSON
I have used the excellent Hagen ACW artillery and crew for my Antietam project and very nice they are too.

Massimo, the sculptor is a genius.

The gunners are a bit fiddly to assemble but I used plasticine as a ‘ jig’.

They are slightly larger than Stretlets but fit in well .

Best wishes,

Chris
Many thanks.