Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Prussian Uhlans (Set 228) -- with little conversions / 2. Uhlans Regiment

2. Uhlans Regiment (Silesia):

Re: My Prussian Uhlans (Set 228) -- with little conversions / 9. Uhlans Regiment (Lützow)

9. Uhlans Regiment (Lützow) :crossed_swords:
1. Escadron

Re: My Prussian Uhlans (Set 228) -- with little conversions / Westfalian Landwehr Cavalry

Westfalian Landwehr Cavalry :ghost:

Re: My Prussian Uhlans (Set 228) -- with little conversions / 2. Uhlans Regiment

Well done! Fine paint job and a nice setting plus some really good conversions. I admire anyone who manages to paint eyes and mouths in this scale. Very good!

Re: My Prussian Uhlans (Set 228) -- All together--joint forces

Thank you !!!

Finally all together...: :heart_eyes:

Dear Gerd,

These are fabulous, congratulations!

I especially like the large units with similar but varied figures which brings a lot of 'life' to them.

They are marvellous to study. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Regards, James

These various Uhlan and Landwehr cavalry units look fantastic, well done Gerd! The mass effect of many Uhlans together is very impressive, so some excellent photography here as well.

Thank you also for the useful conversion notes.

Re: My Prussian Uhlans (Set 228) -- with little conversions

Really nice work Gerd, certainly look better with the slimmer lances.
The pennants, the uniforms, everything really, looks fantastic.

Those horses are really showing the whites of their eyes, which in real terms means the horse is scared or tempermental but in general basically unhappy,which probably would be the case when about to enter a scene of smoke, loud noise/explosions and death.

I forgot to ask Gerd what diameter metal wire did you use for the new lances? As what you have used here looks perfect.

Hello all,

I hope that I was able to give you a little joy with the photos of the Uhlanen... in these difficult times...:confused:

It takes some time to rebuild the figures, paint them and create good photos.
But I think that the finished works very enliven this forum.

I am always happy when you like the results.

Roger W:
I use 0.5 mm steel rods with a copper sheath from the railway model range. This is the best material I have ever found for making lances. You have to hit these lances hard before they bend... rather, they fall off the figure.

Hi Gerd.
Ok thanks for the info. I will have a look for those steel rods.

Ah perfect! Just put in an order!
Thanks Gerd!

:+1: Hope you show us some wonderful lancers in the next months :wink:

This will take at least two tall cups of coffee to check out all the tasty eye candy!

In the mean time, I'm going to echo Flambeau's compliment ... "Well done! Fine paint job and a nice setting plus some really good conversions!"

Thank you for sharing your fine work!

Gerd
May I add my name to the previous host of admirers, what a splendid mounted battle lines. The care and attention you give too them particularly the conversions make me feel a little ashamed,I feel I've done well if I cut off a bit of flash.
I shall further glean the figures for painting ideas as I did with your standing Prussians.
Thank you for sharing

Hello Paul,
Thank you for the praise. I am very pleased that my work has paid off. And because you all create so great things yourself, I particularly appreciate your judgment.

What a most splendid collection of Prussians.

You have worked wonders on these and that, together with the superb photography has resulted in something very special.

Their is a real ‘prescience’ in these pictures, and the pennants look lovely.

Well done indeed.

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you Chris !