Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Python Training

"I prefer my deserty stuff with two arms and carrying some sort of firearm"

If this figure is indeed a French-Moroccan WWII Goumier, that would be awesome. :+1:
Useful for Tunisia, Sicily, Italian Mainland & Monte Cassino, Colmar, Siegfried Line & a number of other actions. (Although more US equipment and corresponding cold weather clothing was probably common from late 1944 onwards.)
Naturally they saw action during the Rif Wars as well.
Swapping the Brodie with Adrian or US M1 helmets already creates a wider range of possible uses & diversity.

Strelets-R
"I prefer my deserty stuff with two arms and carrying some sort of firearm"
Now you are talking, now that is a set I will buy and long ago gave up hope of it being made, well done, I will now stop sticking pins in the guys with big wigs.

French Colonial Senegalese troops would be nice

Yes I would love to see Senegalese, would they have looked similar both in metroplitan France in 1940 and when Free French units first formed? I assume later they would have had American or British equipment.

I would like to see a Senegalese Tirailleurs set with their distinctive scarlet hat "chechia", scarlet sash around their double breasted coat "paletot" waist, as well as armed with their infamous "coup coup" machetes, special backpacks "barda senegalais"

Well, Wednesday morning I thought that one figure was not really enough to foresee the full potential of the complete set. :wink:

One of the many criteria in which Strelets is clearly superior to less capable competitors is the variety of poses.
Standard sets of recent date offer 14-21, so-called "mini" sets 12-14 poses.
Since we haven't seen all Gourmiers yet, Strelets could try to cover a wider range of possible uses by offering different weapons, webbing & helmets on some figures?
Ideally we would end up with separate WWI/Rif and WWII sets, but this seems quite unlikely.
As so often, some modifications can surely be achieved with a little imagination, knife work & putty. :smile:

Anyway, very happy about these first Goumiers in 1/72 and as mentioned before, it would imho be equally helpful to finally have WWI and WWII Tirailleurs & Spahis as well.

Certainly have the potential for a lot of sets of figures never seen before. Could do with more colonial figures especially for the first half of the 20th century.

Could we also have some European colonial French for the same period (not just FFL although these figures have been great)) - the Vichy French in particular would be useful. Like the WW2 BEF the French army does seem to be side-lined by figure manufacturers.

Hurra`!! The Goumiers...finally...brava Strelets crew.

Looks like a late war Goumier US issued belt, helmet and probarbly a springfield rifle?...

Very Nice! but doesnt work for WW1 or any time in between, but would like to see some African troops that would, preferably Senegalese...

:flag-fr:

HAAAAH!!!

You cant have Python without Spam

:deciduous_tree:

Oddly enough, when I completed basic army training way back in 1975, the march played at the pass in review was the Liberty Bell March - better known as he theme from Monty Python's Flying Circus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1kjVvYpWk

I don't which was more bizarre, the choice of music or the sight of a delegation of JAPANESE officers, complete with Samurai swords, in front of the reviewing stand!:thinking_face: