Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trouble at the Souk

Thank you James, I'm a little embarrassed as these figures have all been recently posted by Alan. However as I'm sure you and others will appreciate as there is a time lag between submission and the images being posted, we are ending up with these duplications of the same theme.
In answer to your question, yes they are scratch built, except for the guest appearance of the Italeri well that seems to edge it's way into every desert scene.
I'm laying down my desert brush for a while and concentrate on other campaigns. One thing about this Covid lockdown has meant that I have no excuse not to finish some half thought out projects.

Great stuff Paul! Lots of action, lots of well-painted figures and some excellent buildings. This is all most impressive and interesting. And what is more, you have used the 'Arabs in Retreat' and 'FFL in Attack' sets here to portray just that, with just the right combination of poses from each set: I particularly like the impression of the Arabs slipping away into the shadowy corners and narrow lanes of the Souk :relaxed:

Is it my imagination of are your displays/dioramas getting bigger and more complicated with each one we see? Keep up the excellent work!

Minuteman

There is a real ‘feel’ of the event here in my opinion.

The buildings upon inspection, are simplistic but look the part and that drape works well.

Top marks for creativity in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Chris

Well done Paul, all very good, the buildings , are they scratch built or laser cut MDF sets ? . I like to see others painting styles, we all learn from each other and looking at others work I have always found beneficial.

Another outstanding Contribution of Deserty FFL & Arabs theme! I especially like the close-up photos that really show your attention to small details, such as ammo pouches and suspenders. The more close ups together with panorama shots are big enjoyment for me.

Another interesting thing is the combined FFL and Arabs, both S*R, in the same contribution. Plus with all due respect, I also really enjoy Alan's close ups with the FFL fort by Italeri.

The more contributors who paint up the same sets the better. Everyone has their own styles, and all are really enjoyable to look at, so everyone, please keep inundating S*R with many more Contributions!

Thank you, gentlemen! :palm_tree: :earth_africa: :camel: :sunny:

Many thanks for the complements chaps.
In answer to your query Alan, the buildings are scratch built and are supposed to be generic, so I expect to be able to use them in other situations. I'm flattered you would ask if its laser cut as my rather iffy doorways will attest. I used a small hobby jigsaw from Lidl's on thin plywood.
I agree that by studying painted figures by others helps us and has done so on numerous occasions. unfortunately however I seem physically incapable of dry brushing and as such rely heavily on black lining for shadow and shading.
Now like the rest of us I'm curious as to see the next contribution.

Hello Paul,

really nice work... think it inst easy to give figures and Landscape this touch of "dusty desert"... And your arabian buildings are a famous background for this FFL-patrol.. Wonderful.. :scream: