Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ordering from the EU

My apologies to the chap in Portugal, today`s post arrives and low and behold not one but four wheels ! , four months after the original order, but I am happy and will use the guy again now.

since Brexit I have ordered several books from Almena Ediciones based in Madrid and they have arrived in the UK within the week with no issues. I have ordered from both Franznap and Spiera in the past and found both to be excellent companies to deal with.

Thanks guys for your replies. I will place a small order and see how it goes.

All
I ordered from Hagen Miniatures in Germany
Posted Friday and arrived Wednesday in Scotland - although it has been opened by U.K. customs No extra charges

Tony

Just received an order from Panzer Garage in Spain for 1/72 scale vehicles. Took just 5 working days to arrive and no sign of being opened by UK customs. In fact the custom declaration on the package stated "EU country" as the Tax Area and it still seemed to be treated as such.

Thanks for the info chaps. Very reassuring to hear that things have improved.

Anybody got any recent experience of ordering from Phersu miniatures in Italy (love his prehistoric range)?

Today just received some lovely 3d prints from Andrylona who are just outside St Petersburg, not EU I know but useful to know that you seem to be able to get stuff from Russia OK.

Has anybody ordered any card buildings direct from Umbum in Moscow (sometimes called Clever Paper 3d puzzles) and can give some feedback on their ability to deal with an order in English from the UK? I got some stuff via Amazon but they charge about 4 times the price compared to the manufacturer.

Unfortunately I don't think you can order direct from Phersu because Leonardo died.

You may still be able to order some of his figures from Michael at Germania Figuren, I found him very good to deal with:

https://germania-figuren.eu/1-72-Figures-from-Resin/1-72-PHERSU-Miniaturen-Resin/

Hi
I've ordered some hard to get Strelets some from giamboneto in Italy and I can recommend him. Delivery time is reasonable and excess postage is refunded.
Regarding the man in Portugal who does 3d printed models I can only say that the man had a personal tragedy which may account for extended delivery times.
The actual models are generally very good with some rare and interesting subjects. The problem is removing excess plastic from some internal areas such as truck cab seats and turrets - I recently got a British Deacon spg and I've found it impossible to get all plastic out of the turret!
But most of the models are very good.
Hopefully delivery times will improve and overall I'd recommend these 3d models.
Best regards to all
Stay safe folks
Richard

Sorry to hear about Leonardo. I liked his figures. I have the prehistoric sets.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

He even linked my blog on his website.

https://bunkermeister.blogspot.com/2010/04/cave-men.html

https://sites.google.com/site/phersuminiatures/links-1

Yes I didn't realise as his website has not been taken down or amended and I missed the obituary on Benno's forum. Very sad. I think I will order from Germania. Wonder if it is old stock or someone has taken over production?

I don't know what the situation is but my guesses would be that either Germania did the casting and therefore have an interest in the moulds/figures. Or that an agreement was made with Leonardo or his family. Same goes for Amos's figures at Spiera. If I sponsored some custom figures I wouldn't want them to die with me, I'd be happy for the casting service to keep them available for anyone who wanted to buy them.