Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alan's Arab Contribution

A fine painting job on these, Alan. The (I presume) dry-brushing over the folds of the coloured robes works very well, and the colours look suitably muted and sand-swept. The animated poses of this set are brought to life by this effective painting.

This is a desperate bunch of Arabs, armed to the teeth and clearly dangerous. Time for the FFL chaps hanging around 'in camp' and sipping coffee to rouse themselves, load rifles, fix bayonets and form up!

Another worthy addition from the Buckingham Production Factory. I agree with the comments made from others in this string and the folds in the robes are particularly effective. Sooner or later i feel this particular band are going to get there cummupence.
The thing is Alan has nailed this photography thing, so you can see the detail.
Hopefully here in England, the non essential shops are to reopen soon. Just in the nick of time as paint stocks are dangerously low. I know I can buy on line but having a local model shop means I should use it.

I totally agree; another great job by Alan.

Indeed, Alans work is very much top drawer and certainly brings figures to life 👍

Indeed you have brought these to life in a very lively manner. Great choice of colour and the shading is excellent.

Your composition does make sense of the "Arabs in Retreat" thing but I still think if you face them the other way these are Arabs Comin' to Getcha!

Such interesting poses that you have brought to life brilliantly Alan and (as Graeme has said pointed out) useful for a range of purposes!

Regards, James

Thank you once again Gent`s , I enjoyed painting these guys, another great desert set from our host.

Another one Alan's good job painting.