Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday Post

Nice week-end, gentlemen!

Best regards,

Strelets

Re: Friday Post

Nice!

Dear Strelets,

I am pleased that you are pushing on with producing a 'complete' range for the early 18th C*. It's a joy to behold.

These fellows seem even more character-filled than the other, excellent offerings. Well done, congratulations and thank you once more to your sculptors.

As there are no cuirasses on these fellows, perhaps we'll see some of those next week? The odd lobster-pot too?

Regards, James

* I'll wait until later in the year for the rest of the post 1808 Russians!!

Nice sculpts.
Thats exactly the type of pose i would love to see future Napoleonic cavalry done in. Sword drawn, resting on shoulder.

once again wonderful looking figures, compliments to sculptor, must ask , any idea when any or all of the forthcoming sets of WSS will be available in UK,my paintbrush getting impatient
stay safe out there
cheers Old John

Can we get something non-WSS next week? As I'm absolutely uninterested in the period, these all look the same to me (and before someone starts describing the differences, no need), and it's been a while since there was a WW1 teaser...

Now there are some good-looking gentlemen!

Have a good weekend:relaxed:

Whilst very good etc, I too fall in to the camp of something 20th century please, preferably nice and deserty but definitely something other than WSS.

Have to admit I would like something else also.
Don't know what happened to Turks at Gallipoli. Been waiting for them for ages.
Maybe shouldn't post upcoming sets if not planning on doing them any time soon.
Just a thought as I don't collect WSS figures either.

All
I have no intention of buying any WSS sets at all - it’s not a time period that particularly interests me
However I have to admire the way Strelets have stuck to their guns and are releasing a comprehensive range in a very short period of time I am still waiting for Sassanid elephants to appear which were announced initially elsewhere in 2007

Regards...Tony

Maybe the non-WSS sculptors are busy working on the Linear-A sets?

Hello,
I have two simple questions for Mr. Strelets.

Do you have a date or period for the release of these boxes?

And what will be thes boxes concerned?

Please.
Z.72

These look excellent (again!). I like the shouldered sword poses-if I'm honest I think I would have preferred the Maison Du Roi sets to have adopted these poses. Keep up the wonderful work Strelets with these sculpts.

Anyone able to hazard a guess as to who these latest sculpts represent?

I understand non-WSS collectors frustrations at the Friday preview being WSS orientated for the past couple of months. However, I'm sure your turn will come again! Let the WSS fans enjoy this special attention for a little longer...

Rich
These look excellent (again!). I like the shouldered sword poses-if I'm honest I think I would have preferred the Maison Du Roi sets to have adopted these poses. Keep up the wonderful work Strelets with these sculpts.

Anyone able to hazard a guess as to who these latest sculpts represent?

I understand non-WSS collectors frustrations at the Friday preview being WSS orientated for the past couple of months. However, I'm sure your turn will come again! Let the WSS fans enjoy this special attention for a little longer...
Well, to me they look like French Line cavalry..and even if they are not, they look perfectly useable as French line cavalry. I'm not entirely sure about the cartridge box carried on the waist belt though?? I don't have a picture reference for French cavalry to hand right now....and also, if they are these troops, it would be good to have the rest of the set holding firearms.

But having said this, my 'guesses' on some of the WoSS previews we have seen of late have been 'wrong', so probably best to wait for Strelets to tell us!

Good idea Minuteman, just posted the same guess at Benno's a few minutes ago, but didn't notice the odd box until I read your post here. Did a quick search of "War of Spanish Succession horse" in the web but didn't find any matching pictures. Some Dragoon regiments had a company of grenadiers, who did carry a cartridge box this way, but these almost always had distinctive headgear (viz. no tricornes). Seems an odd placement for a cavalryman. Perhaps some cut way stuff? Otherwise they are quite nice. Let's wait what Strelets has to say about them.