Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forthcoming releases - Strelets and others; almost the 'golden age' still?

Graham Korn
Yes I went to Hannants to buy some Minoans and baulked at the £14.99 price tag.
That's interesting - I'm in Canada and their current price for me is GBP11.17, and since you pointed it out I've now noticed a UK pricing button...I click on that and I now see GBP13.40...never realized that before. I'm assuming the difference is VAT charged for UK orders? Btw I buy about 8-9 sets per order so end up paying about GBP1.25 per set for P&P - is this similar for you at the end of the day?

An interesting discussion you started Mark.

Right on cue, linear-A's 030 Tarentine Horsemen was released on Friday and I have just noticed another 'Napoleonic surprise' set added to the coming list. Goody goody!

Gosh Micheal, multiples of nearly every set you must have quite the collection. Do you have a number that you are prepared to publicise?!

It's such a simple and enduring 'joy' isn't it? Admiring and anticipating what is coming through the pipeline and enjoying existing figures—getting some paint on them (for those of us who like to), and/or put them to some 'use' be it wargame, diorama, display cabinet/boxes, mass parade or whatever.

Regards, James

It is true that the prices have shot up recently but if you are after some older sets cheaply then I recommend e models they have a great selection of Strelets & hat sets.
Not all sets are discounted but some sets are under £4 quite a few of are Napoleonic sets as well.

That's a good tip Steve. Shopping around or buying in bulk (to save postage...and if you can justify this to your partner, should you need to!!) can save money, and after all you do not need to have masses of figures to enjoy the hobby.

Compared with some pastimes this is still a relatively cheap and relatively safe way to enjoy your 'me' time:smile:

Hi Steve
Thanks for the heads up about e-models having some sets discounted.
Probably put an order in sometime in coming week.

Roger W
Hi Steve
Thanks for the heads up about e-models having some sets discounted.
Probably put an order in sometime in coming week.
If we all 'piggy back' on your order, Roger, we might even get a buy-in-bulk discount!!:grinning: :+1:

😂😂

"Right on cue, linear-A's 030 Tarentine Horsemen was released on Friday and I have just noticed another 'Napoleonic surprise' set added to the coming list. Goody goody!"

Oooh there is indeed another Nap suprise set listed. Look forward to it!!! Landwehr Cavalry too!!

Was very impressed with the sculpting in the British disaster set. That pose of the infantryman holding another might find itself adapted into a KGL soldier holding poor Colonel Ompteda in his last moments.